Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Plan Changes due to Current Threats?

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hmac View Post
    Well, there are preppers and there are those who don't believe in the imminence, or even the likelihood, of the SHTF/EOTWAKI scenario. I'm in the latter group, as is the general culture around here. I can't conceive of the need to "bug out".

Everyone judges the others' fantasies differently.
    There is a post above from a member who lived through Katrina. That wasn't fantasy. I pulled security at a Katrina then a month later a Rita shelter in '05 for evacuees.

Currently in my state we are seeing the largest natural disaster in our state's history. There are lots of reasons why people may have to egress from their homes/work/schools.

Living in the land of 10k lakes, is flooding a potential threat in your AO? One of my rules for buying land is not to be located on a body of water ocean/river/lake. In the county I live in there is a town that my wife wanted to look at couple of homes in, the town is on a peninsula that is surrounded on three sides by a lake. I told her uh no.
    "In a nut shell, if it ever goes to Civil War, I'm afraid I'll be in the middle 70%, shooting at both sides" — 26 Inf

"We have to stop demonizing people and realize the biggest terror threat in this country is white men, most of them radicalized to the right, and we have to start doing something about them." — CNN's Don Lemon 10/30/18

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by VARIABLE9 View Post
    What's everyone's thoughts on martial law, bugging out with gear (guns or supplies confiscated), and being locked in to an area (roadblocks)? Maybe your home base is overrun and you can't go back, nor get out.
    Example-na'er do wells cause problems, government reacts, martial law declared, good people get stuck and can't get out of hot zone.
    This is the scenario I'm worried about.
    This is a scenario that I think could be a reality if a big enough event(s) were to transpire. Read through the NDAA which is "updated" every couple of years and you will see where the .gov via the rule of law and by force can commandeer any and all weapons/ammo/food/shelter/mediation/medial supplies/water/water filtration systems/et al. once emergency powers have been green lighted.

Can you just imagine the pure unadulterated rage one would feel if the .gov stole all the supplies that they spent years working hard to stockpile so their family could survive, their only means for self-defense, their only means to feed their children/grandchildren . . . ???

Once .gov goes into COG mode they will see We The People as a potential threat. The gray man principle applies here, keep a small foot print and appear to be a soft target. Don't attract attention to yourself, this goes for groups.
    "In a nut shell, if it ever goes to Civil War, I'm afraid I'll be in the middle 70%, shooting at both sides" — 26 Inf

"We have to stop demonizing people and realize the biggest terror threat in this country is white men, most of them radicalized to the right, and we have to start doing something about them." — CNN's Don Lemon 10/30/18

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    We've shifted the thrust of the topic to natural disasters? The OP's original question was "As things get more stupid with groups like ANTIFA and BLM have any of you changed your plans or routines based on this threat?"

Yeah, if I lived in a hurricane zone, or a tornado zone, or an earthquake area, or a flood plain...or even an area prone to drought, then I would have some level of planning for dealing with those potentials natural disasters, including personal defense. I don't. It gets cold here sometimes, that's about it. I have addressed those issues with a standby generator and a really warm coat. Our bug-out plan is to go to my mother-in-law's house and our bug-out bag has a couple of bags of disposable hand warmers in it.

Antifa or BLM marching down the street? Hoards of wayward ruffians creating chaos overturning cars and looting the local antique stores? Are these things that I need to plan for? No. The worst we might see is some grumbling by the guys down at the American Legion about changes in the walleye limit. Anarchy is not going to happen here, and IMHO not likely to happen anywhere else.
    Last edited by Hmac; 08-29-17 at 07:38.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Moose-Knuckle View Post
    This is a scenario that I think could be a reality if a big enough event(s) were to transpire. Read through the NDAA which is "updated" every couple of years and you will see where the .gov via the rule of law and by force can commandeer any and all weapons/ammo/food/shelter/mediation/medial supplies/water/water filtration systems/et al. once emergency powers have been green lighted.

Can you just imagine the pure unadulterated rage one would feel if the .gov stole all the supplies that they spent years working hard to stockpile so their family could survive, their only means for self-defense, their only means to feed their children/grandchildren . . . ???

Once .gov goes into COG mode they will see We The People as a potential threat. The gray man principle applies here, keep a small foot print and appear to be a soft target. Don't attract attention to yourself, this goes for groups.
    If anyone is planning in advance to confiscate a person's belongings they aren't really viewing them as a threat....even less so after confiscation has taken place. Also worth noting that anyone planning, or being in on, confiscating someone's belongings has zero respect for them in the first place.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Moose-Knuckle View Post

Thanks for the thoughts on it. Of course we won't think it can happen until it does happen. Nuclear strike, large scale terrorism on a metro area, or large scale natural disaster (Cali earthquake or some sort of ocean surge due to meteor type EOTWAIKI thing) are things I see more likely to trigger martial law, versus ANTIFA or snowflake rioting shenanigans.

Feedback Score
    274 (99%)
    Federal law prevents any gun confiscation by any LEO or Military during a time of major disaster or emergency, Homeland Security appropriations bill, H.R. 5441. So if they take your stuff it is worse than you think as they are doing so in anticipation of everything not coming back together as they will be held criminally liable.
    In no way do I make any money from anyone related to the firearms industry.

"I have never heard anyone say after a firefight that I wish that I had not taken so much ammo.", ME

"Texas can make it without the United States, but the United States can't make it without Texas !", General Sam Houston

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by docsherm View Post
    Federal law prevents any gun confiscation by any LEO or Military during a time of major disaster or emergency, Homeland Security appropriations bill, H.R. 5441. So if they take your stuff it is worse than you think as they are doing so in anticipation of everything not coming back together as they will be held criminally liable.
    No federal criminal penalty for confiscating firearms is currently on the books in connection with that legislation.

https://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/42/5207
    Last edited by JasonB1; 08-29-17 at 14:37.

Feedback Score
    274 (99%)
    Willfully violating of US Code is differant That is criminally prosecuted, simple ignorance is not.

I am not trying to get into some stupid internet fight or derail the discussion. Like I said. If it happens there are greater things to worry about. When the police and Military start to break the law it is a downhill slope. Understand the environment that you are in and react accordingly. That is the true essence of survival. If your life depended on it people will eat all kinds of bugs and stuff. It is not like people everyday are going to go to McBeetles and get beetle nuggets........ Well some may but that is a different conversation.

"I have never heard anyone say after a firefight that I wish that I had not taken so much ammo.", ME

"Texas can make it without the United States, but the United States can't make it without Texas !", General Sam Houston

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by docsherm View Post
    Willfully violating of US Code is differant That is criminally prosecuted, simple ignorance is not.

I am not trying to get into some stupid internet fight or derail the discussion. Like I said. If it happens there are greater things to worry about. When the police and Military start to break the law it is a downhill slope. Understand the environment that you are in and react accordingly. That is the true essence of survival. If your life depended on it people will eat all kinds of bugs and stuff. It is not like people everyday are going to go to McBeetles and get beetle nuggets........ Well some may but that is a different conversation.
    That is good to know. Where is the penalty at? NRA-ILA couldn't tell me where it was so a bit in the dark on that one.

Feedback Score
    274 (99%)
    Quote Originally Posted by JasonB1 View Post
    That is good to know. Where is the penalty at? NRA-ILA couldn't tell me where it was so a bit in the dark on that one.
    LEOs are immune from prosecution if they are operating under good faith that they are doing the legal thing. If it is willing that they are breaking the law then that is a completely different thing.

http://civilrights.findlaw.com/civil...il-rights.html

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast