Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Plan Changes due to Current Threats?

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by docsherm View Post
    LEOs are immune from prosecution if they are operating under good faith that they are doing the legal thing. If it is willing that they are breaking the law then that is a completely different thing.

http://civilrights.findlaw.com/civil...il-rights.html
    And this all factors into my original concern. Right, wrong, or indifferent - you have an LEO or Natl Guard type pointing a weapon at you saying hand over your stuff and comply. Now all your stuff you bugged out with to protect you and yours is gone. Or you got into a firefight and probably lost.

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by docsherm View Post
    Understand the environment that you are in and react accordingly. That is the true essence of survival.
    +10 Truth.
    If you can't do this, then having a garage full of preps won't save you.

It is not like people everyday are going to go to McBeetles and get beetle nuggets........ Well some may but that is a different conversation.
    Beetle Nuggets with sweet n' sour sauce is a delicacy somewhere in the world.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Texas has yet to learn submission to any oppression, come from what source it may."
    ~ Sam Houston

“The liberties of our country, the freedom of our civil constitution, are worth defending against all hazards: And it is our duty to defend them against all attacks.”
    ~ Sam Adams

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    that would be very nice to see someone locked away for violations but considering the Second Amendment had been on the books for over two centuries at the time of Katrina( coupled with the traditional and continuing hostility to armed private citizens by the criminal justice system) I won't hold my breath.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by JasonB1 View Post
    that would be very nice to see someone locked away for violations but considering the Second Amendment had been on the books for over two centuries at the time of Katrina( coupled with the traditional and continuing hostility to armed private citizens by the criminal justice system) I won't hold my breath.
    I do not know how accurate this aritcle is, however the premise is my overriding concern.

https://www.nraila.org/articles/2015...ned-in-america

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hmac View Post
    We've shifted the thrust of the topic to natural disasters?
    Yes, various posters commented on various threats to include natural disasters and their aftermaths.
    Last edited by Moose-Knuckle; 08-30-17 at 05:08.
    "In a nut shell, if it ever goes to Civil War, I'm afraid I'll be in the middle 70%, shooting at both sides" — 26 Inf

"We have to stop demonizing people and realize the biggest terror threat in this country is white men, most of them radicalized to the right, and we have to start doing something about them." — CNN's Don Lemon 10/30/18

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by JasonB1 View Post
    If anyone is planning in advance to confiscate a person's belongings they aren't really viewing them as a threat....
    That is the whole idea behind disarming a populace. The governing body views them as a potential threat and would prefer to encounter unarmed victims.
    "In a nut shell, if it ever goes to Civil War, I'm afraid I'll be in the middle 70%, shooting at both sides" — 26 Inf

"We have to stop demonizing people and realize the biggest terror threat in this country is white men, most of them radicalized to the right, and we have to start doing something about them." — CNN's Don Lemon 10/30/18

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    I carry a M9 and M4 day in and day out now. Granted I am in SWA so I guess that could be a reason.

My wife is now carrying off duty now, a Glock 23 gen4 so that is a plus with one extra mag loaded with Winchester Ranger Bonded 180 grain so that is a plus.

Feedback Score
    47 (100%)
    Anyone flexing dick muscles and slinging around words like, "fantasy" need to familiarize themselves with the historical precedents for massive civil strife.

A good recent example would be the situation in the Ukraine.

Social fracturing had been festering, and the country imploded in short order.

Here's the deal; ask the folks in Houston what SHTF looks like.

Apocalypses are personal...

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Yeah.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Moose-Knuckle View Post
    Yes, various posters commented on various threats to include natural disasters and their aftermaths.
    Whether it's antifa or catastrophe if the SHTF you may have similar issues. Hence why I presented my concerns for feedback.

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast