Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: Plan Changes due to Current Threats?

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ndmiller View Post
    Agreed, I was in Houston for Ike in 2008 and I have friends in Houston now. No issues for me and my family back then or for my friends now.
    We had a week to prepare in both cases, prepared, fine for weeks after until the dust settled. Needed a crane to get a tree of neighbors house, but no issues otherwise. Strategy was to avoid known flood areas (all of Houston inside 610 loop).
    Also know people who didn't prepare for Ike and partied up to when the storm came. Their result shelters, hunger, thirst, loss of property, dealing with FEMA, no car, no place to live, a total mess.

To answer the OP question, routine hasn't changed one iota, but the same since my first Florida Hurricane experience in the late 90's (PPE Prepare, Plan Execute). People have always had the capability to be savages, ANTIFA and BLM are just scary political labels for people.

Been through 25+ natural disasters a handful bad news (Ike, Wilma, Snomageddan Atlanta). In all cases we had plenty of notice, took it seriously and prepared with Food, Water, Alcohol, Propane, Charcoal, and shock for neighbors pool. No thoughts on any of your list because too far fetched for a prepared suburb dweller. City folk are not going to have the means to hike 50+ miles to me in any of these cases and all my neighbors prepared like me. If you don't prepare you are subject to the general public and lines for food/water/gas and government help with direction on what to do when. If you prepare you are not because you're not in that situation or anywhere near it. It's really that simple, 4 cases of water, 1 extra propane canister, 1 case of shock, beer & wine, a little extra food, extra bug spray, cars filled up got my family and neighbors through dozens of Hurricanes in Florida even without power for 2 weeks with no significant inconvenience at all.
    IDK, that isn't really what I was looking for opinions on. But thanks for the input.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by docsherm View Post
    As things get more stupid with groups like ANTIFA and BLM have any of you changed your plans or routines based on this threat?
    To answer the OP question, routine hasn't changed one iota, but the same since my first Florida Hurricane experience in the late 90's (PPE Prepare, Plan Execute). People have always had the capability to be savages, ANTIFA and BLM are just scary political labels for people.

Feedback Score
    274 (99%)
    Well now that there tactics have changed to include going after areas that they feel are the problem it may be time to relook at how we proceed with our plans.

Unless some unleashes a bunch of unicorn tears to make everything better, it will get worse before this type of situation is resolved.

https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread...t-2017-edition
    In no way do I make any money from anyone related to the firearms industry.

"I have never heard anyone say after a firefight that I wish that I had not taken so much ammo.", ME

"Texas can make it without the United States, but the United States can't make it without Texas !", General Sam Houston

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by docsherm View Post
    Well now that there tactics have changed to include going after areas that they feel are the problem it may be time to relook at how we proceed with our plans.

Unless some unleashes a bunch of unicorn tears to make everything better, it will get worse before this type of situation is resolved.

https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread...t-2017-edition
    I wonder if that will lead to people trying to leave suburbia.
    "All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing." -Edmund Burke

"It is better to be thought a fool and to remain silent, than to speak and remove all doubt." -Abraham Lincoln

Feedback Score
    274 (99%)
    If you look at the historical progression of that in most large cities it has always been happening. The nice suburbs in the 1960's are just slums now and those that used to live there moved farther out. The Current suburb that I live in was a farming town 50 years ago and was 35 miles from downtown. Now the city has grown out and those that used to live in the suburbs find themselves being invaded and driven farther out.

"I have never heard anyone say after a firefight that I wish that I had not taken so much ammo.", ME

"Texas can make it without the United States, but the United States can't make it without Texas !", General Sam Houston

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    All of these recent "suburban" St Louis riot locations are within 2-5 miles of Ferguson and each other, inside the I-270 perimeter, and located in the westside of St Louis.

Still very much urban, and in what most would call St Louis.

Yes, technically in a different district, possibly even historic township. But still very much St Louis. And not what most of us would consider "suburban"

All have the hallmark of the BLM type marches: clear rally point, high population density, easy access by mobs without having to drive or be bussed, etc.

Was interesting that a "high end" mall was targeted, probably a better target for them than their own neighborhoods. Will be interesting to see what happens when mobs loot Neiman Marcus. Maybe change the limo-liberal mindset on BLM if it starts impacting them?

Feedback Score
    274 (99%)
    Quote Originally Posted by pinzgauer View Post

Was interesting that a "high end" mall was targeted, probably a better target for them than their own neighborhoods. Will be interesting to see what happens when mobs loot Neiman Marcus. Maybe change the limo-liberal mindset on BLM if it starts impacting them?
    That is a very good point. I am also interested to see if others follow suit if they get a big "hull" while "protesting" and it is shown on TV. That may get more people to go further out to score a better protest.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I'm not buying the suburb, high end narrative. It's probably just outside of downtown and just a little nicer than the hood. Probably within walking distance of the usual riot points.

Living within these areas should always involve awareness of local events and contingency plans.

News has these riots being at night, is anyone unable to get to or from their homes during the day?

Feedback Score
    274 (99%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd.K View Post
    I'm not buying the suburb, high end narrative. It's probably just outside of downtown and just a little nicer than the hood. Probably within walking distance of the usual riot points.

Living within these areas should always involve awareness of local events and contingency plans.

News has these riots being at night, is anyone unable to get to or from their homes during the day?
    Remember, people change tactics when it suits them and not when it suits you. Before 2001 we did not worry about comerical airlines flying into buildings...... Now we do.

It is better to stay ahead of people and then it is to be 100% reactive to them. Just food for thought.

I am not saying that they are rioting in Beverly Hills. I am saying that it is a possibility and that discussing it does nothing but make you think.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by pinzgauer View Post
    That's kind of what I was thinking. I wonder if any of them would defend the rioters' actions because "they were just protesting 'white privilege'."
    "All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing." -Edmund Burke

"It is better to be thought a fool and to remain silent, than to speak and remove all doubt." -Abraham Lincoln

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast