Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: Plan Changes due to Current Threats?

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by echo5whiskey View Post
    That's kind of what I was thinking. I wonder if any of them would defend the rioters' actions because "they were just protesting 'white privilege'."
    Exactly. Once these riots hit up liberal white neighborhoods, folks will get fed up with their antics. Kind of like how the MSM had a little hissy fit after ANTIFA got rude with a reporter. It's all fun and games and protesting till little liberal Lucy's hangout gets trashed. Then it's unacceptable behavior.

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)
    I wonder if that will lead to people trying to leave suburbia.
    I think the the general plan is to move more population into urban centers, thus expanding the urban footprint.

It may not be our specific plan, or people like us, but it is a plan out there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Texas has yet to learn submission to any oppression, come from what source it may."
    ~ Sam Houston

“The liberties of our country, the freedom of our civil constitution, are worth defending against all hazards: And it is our duty to defend them against all attacks.”
    ~ Sam Adams

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertTheTexan View Post
    I think the the general plan is to move more population into urban centers, thus expanding the urban footprint.

It may not be our specific plan, or people like us, but it is a plan out there.
    I was more referring to people trying to get away, not an organized plan, so to speak. In other words, I wonder if that rioting has started to reach suburban districts, that it will cause those who live in those areas to move to places that they perceive to be safer.
    "All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing." -Edmund Burke

"It is better to be thought a fool and to remain silent, than to speak and remove all doubt." -Abraham Lincoln

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)

Plan Changes due to Current Threats?

I was more referring to people trying to get away, not an organized plan, so to speak. In other words, I wonder if that rioting has started to reach suburban districts, that it will cause those who live in those areas to move to places that they perceive to be safer.
    Right, I understood your question, I just didn't answer it. Lol my bad. I don't think we'll see an exodus from suburbia. If there are those who move I don't think it will even represent a blip on the radar data-wise. I believe it will take a whole lot more than a little suburban rioting to get people to leave behind all the conveniences suburbia provides. School districts, shopping opportunities, close to work, etc. those are still driving factors to why people want to live there. I live kinda there but I don't think my town is big enough to have a "suburb" lol
    But those reasons still apply. However the wife has received official notice and accepted said notice that we are "goin' back to mah roots" the next time we move. Grew up in East Texas out in the boonies and that dot someplace similar is where we'll go.

I'm not sure she's prepared to live among East Texans.... They(formerly me) are a special breed of folk. Some might say "'not right in the head" but we just say Country.'

Last edited by RobertTheTexan; 09-18-17 at 21:40.
    "Texas has yet to learn submission to any oppression, come from what source it may."
    ~ Sam Houston

“The liberties of our country, the freedom of our civil constitution, are worth defending against all hazards: And it is our duty to defend them against all attacks.”
    ~ Sam Adams

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    That makes sense. I think where you live is its own suburb. haha. We can always use more good folks out here, but no rush or anything. lol.
    "All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing." -Edmund Burke

"It is better to be thought a fool and to remain silent, than to speak and remove all doubt." -Abraham Lincoln

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by pinzgauer View Post
    All of these recent "suburban" St Louis riot locations are within 2-5 miles of Ferguson and each other, inside the I-270 perimeter, and located in the westside of St Louis.

Still very much urban, and in what most would call St Louis.

Yes, technically in a different district, possibly even historic township. But still very much St Louis. And not what most of us would consider "suburban"

With respect to the Delmar Loop, yes. It is literally on the border between University City and the City of St. Louis. The others, not so much.

West County Mall is definitely located in the suburbs (Des Peres/Kirkwood) and is right inside the 270 loop you reference. Chesterfield Mall is not in the 270 loop and is within earshot of raw farmland, so no, not what most would consider an urban area.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by peruna View Post
    With respect to the Delmar Loop, yes. It is literally on the border between University City and the City of St. Louis. The others, not so much.

West County Mall is definitely located in the suburbs (Des Peres/Kirkwood) and is right inside the 270 loop you reference. Chesterfield Mall is not in the 270 loop and is within earshot of raw farmland, so no, not what most would consider an urban area.
    Was not familiar with the 2nd mall. Would be interesting to see how they got there. (buses? Car pools?)

My point was that Fergerson, Des Peres, University City, etc are all within 2-3 miles of each other. And not that far from center St Louis. At least based on what I saw when I mapped them.

And all but the one you mentioned were ITP (inside 270). And by most references were considered "St Louis" metro area even if they are different communities/municipalities.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by pinzgauer View Post
    Was not familiar with the 2nd mall. Would be interesting to see how they got there. (buses? Car pools?)

My point was that Fergerson, Des Peres, University City, etc are all within 2-3 miles of each other. And not that far from center St Louis. At least based on what I saw when I mapped them.

And all but the one you mentioned were ITP (inside 270). And by most references were considered "St Louis" metro area even if they are different communities/municipalities.

I grew up in STL and my mom still lives in Chesterfield.

I called her from Miami when I saw the protests on TV and suggested she lay low that weekend and not go outside of her immediate area until things blew over. In fact, we kind of laughed at the idea of the protesters moving out into her area, but I told her she still needed to be careful because they sometimes try to close down highways, etc. and you never know, especially lately.

Then she called me on Sunday and told me of the Chesterfield Mall and West County Mall protests. I was very surprised.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by docsherm View Post
    As things get more stupid with groups like ANTIFA and BLM have any of you changed your plans or routines based on this threat?
    So far, no. None of it has factored into any plans as of yet but always keep up on intel on the issue.
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by peruna View Post
    Then she called me on Sunday and told me of the Chesterfield Mall and West County Mall protests. I was very surprised.
    Three to four hours walk, 10 miles or so from the other protests (Des peres and University city).

One article mentioned they elected to drive to the two malls after the initial protest.

One thing about malls, there's plenty of parking.

West county mall protest started at heman park, University City (rally point), marched to West County mall (Des Peres, target). 10 miles walking, 3 hrs. Doable.

Also interesting... By all the videos it was 75-80% Caucasian. No violence or reported property damage. Makes me think this was a college SJW and Prof solidarity thing by the videos. With a small mix of BLM organizers. About 150 reportedly made it to the mall.

So this was clearly a different demographic. Starting with access to a car!

https://www.riverfronttimes.com/news...rary-shut-down

Also interesting is it appears that main body protested, did their thing, and went home. Then later, a core of about 100 stayed and went looking for for trouble:
    https://www.riverfronttimes.com/news...he-delmar-loop

"We've got to start going to areas not controlled by minorities" St Ann resident (sounds like caucasian based on the interview)

Also, the organisers announced the rally point for the next days protest before they broke up.

I'm more interested in understanding commonalities in these events and try to see if there is any way to profile or predict likely locations.

Rally point with ingress. March line (a few miles upper limit?) Target (something that makes it attractive) with egress. Seems to be the profile of the mob riots.

These two, not so much, at least in the malls. (Just thinking out loud, here)

Not to dismiss the concern of rioting, but I've seen scarier mobs on Black Friday then the videos from the two malls. I'm calling those legit peaceful protest.

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789