Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: where do you get your ammo?

Feedback Score

where do you get your ammo?

Just got my first 6920!
    so, time to source ammo. We all want decent quality with best price. where do you get yours and what kind do you use?
    I was thinking of just stopping at the wally world on my way home from work every day, and getting all the federal eagle they have/will let me.

Feedback Score
    58 (100%)
    SGAmmo. It's close, fast and pretty cheap.
    Range ammo 55 gr. (100 yds and in); Wolf Gold, PMC X-Tac, CBC m193.
    ". ". 62 gr.+ (200+); CBC FMJ, IMI 69 gr. Razor Core.
    Black Hills 69 gr TMK has shot pretty good to 500, which is as far as I've been able to shoot lately.

Feedback Score
    Academy. Close by, good selection, decent prices.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by dizzo View Post
    Just got my first 6920!
    so, time to source ammo. We all want decent quality with best price. where do you get yours and what kind do you use?
    I was thinking of just stopping at the wally world on my way home from work every day, and getting all the federal eagle they have/will let me.
    Not sure where you are from, but I wasn't aware stores were still rationing ammo. That said, why waste the time and fuel? Hard to beat www.sgammo.com Order tonight, and you'll have it by the weekend...

Feedback Score
    If you like paying too much for ammunition and then a tax for the privilege of buying locally...go for it. Otherwise... use: Ammoseek.com

Mail order. It's the only way to go. Delivered directly to your door. No sales tax. No wasting time or running around or lifting ammo in and out of vehicles.

Some people take this weirdo sense of pride in finding "good prices" at Walmart when they have absolutely no reason to buy it there otherwise.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Targetsportsusa.com

Free shipping on bulk/case purchases. Usually the cheapest around. I used to use sgammo regularly but this place usually beats them.

Feedback Score
    11 (92%)
    AIM has Independence 55GR for 249 per K after rebate. I bought 2K of FC855 on clips from a local who over invested last year. 500 cash. 250-275 will be the new norm for mil spec ammo.

Feedback Score
    I occasionally buy local. Although, I'm not sure Walmart qualifies. For handgun ammo, the Federal Aluminum is a better deal than I can find most places online. For rifles, they had some screaming deals on .223/5.56 and .308 in the Perfecta (Fiocchi) line. Yet, for some unknown reason, they stopped carrying it. It made me kind of mad because the stuff actually shot really well.

So, it's pretty much back to online for everything. The sites mentioned are good. Ammoseek is a good way to survey a bunch of places all at once. In addition to those previously mentioned, I've had good experiences with LAX Ammo, PSA, and Sportsmans Guide. What really matters is keeping an eye out for free shipping. It's not unusual these days to find .223/5.56 like Wolf Gold, PMC X-Tac, IMI, and Federal for around 30¢ per round, shipped.

If you can't find inexpensive ammo in this market, you should probably quit the Internet.
    "I actually managed to figure this one out: you've got to find a woman who loves God more than she loves you -- albeit just barely."

-Army Chief

I did not know the man quoted above, and joined this Forum after his passing. He seemed to be a leader of men; both spiritually and physically. Someone we'd all be proud to emulate.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I make my own!
    IMG_1562.jpg
    And
    I used Sportsman's guide for some cheap 9mm that I'm going to take to Valor Ridge, and I'll probably buy cheap AR ammo online when I eventually take a rifle course. Otherwise I stick to homegrown freedom seeds

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Bone frog club for 64gr gold dot and 147gr hst
    Target sports and sg ammo for bulk plinking ammo

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast