Thread: The Hitman's Bodyguard

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

The Hitman's Bodyguard

Went to see it with the wife. We both enjoyed it - could have dialed down the language - but it was a hoot. No redeeming social value, no lessons imparted, just over the top action.

Critics hated it. Oh, well.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    I hadn't heard anything about this one until I spied a promo poster for it in a Wal-Mart of all places the other day.

IIRC Samuel L. Jackson stars in it so yeah that explains the language lol.

It'll be a rental when available. Lot's of shoot'em ups being released lately.
    "In a nut shell, if it ever goes to Civil War, I'm afraid I'll be in the middle 70%, shooting at both sides" — 26 Inf

"We have to stop demonizing people and realize the biggest terror threat in this country is white men, most of them radicalized to the right, and we have to start doing something about them." — CNN's Don Lemon 10/30/18

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Moose-Knuckle View Post
    I hadn't heard anything about this one until I spied a promo poster for it in a Wal-Mart of all places the other day.
    Yeah, I saw the trailer when we went to see Atomic Blonde.

My wife thought it was socially un-redeeming enough that I'd like it. It was a fun movie, nothing more.
    Last edited by 26 Inf; 08-24-17 at 12:33.

Feedback Score
    There are movies where a touch of Samuel J. Is just perfect.

There are far more that have been ruined where he was not, or we got far more than a touch.

He is sort of the diametrically opposed opposite/ yin to the yang of Jeff Goldblum. Another niche actor that can be the perfect touch, but we get too much of him, or where it was not the right touch.

For some reason, although Christopher Walken is a similar you get what you get niche type, I can't see enough of that guy.