Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Journalists function at lowest mental levels (study)

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by soulezoo View Post
    Journalists are quickly becoming less popular than lawyers and politicians...
    Quickly? They had the Concorde tickets straight to #1.
    Experience is a cruel teacher, gives the exam first and then the lesson.

Feedback Score
    274 (99%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Grand58742 View Post
    Quickly? They had the Concorde tickets straight to #1.
    So true. The "Express elevator to Hell".
    In no way do I make any money from anyone related to the firearms industry.

"I have never heard anyone say after a firefight that I wish that I had not taken so much ammo.", ME

"Texas can make it without the United States, but the United States can't make it without Texas !", General Sam Houston

Feedback Score
    52 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by FromMyColdDeadHand View Post
    Nobody dropped out of the Journalism to join me in the Chemistry program....
    This is the funniest thing I've read all month. Because it's true.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    The title of the thread, juxtaposed with the actual contents of the article, lead me to wonder if Will actually read the article. Or, was he guilty of what we decry the media for doing, sensationalizing a headline?

The American Press Institute has a nice little section on it's website entitled What is Journalism? https://www.americanpressinstitute.o...is-journalism/ One of the sections is entitled The lost meaning of objectivity https://www.americanpressinstitute.o...g-objectivity/ I took a moment to bookmark the site and quickly read through it, a couple of gems presented themselves:

1. The diversity and magnitude of the public, in fact, is its strength. A mix of publics is usually much wiser than a public comprised of just the elite or one segment of special interest. The wisdom of decision-making by an interlocking public is embedded in the notion that government “by the people” means citizens have the duty to keep themselves informed.

2. Transparency means show your work so readers can decide for themselves why they should believe it.

Don’t allow your audience to be deceived by acts of omission — tell them as much as you can about the story they are reading.
    Tell the audience what you know and what you don’t know. Never imply that you have more knowledge than you actually do.
    Tell the audience who your sources are, how they are in a position to know something, and what their potential biases might be.

Transparency signals the journalist’s respect for the audience. It allows the audience to judge the validity of the information, the process by which it was secured and the motives and biases of the journalist providing it.

Essentially, I think a lot of journalists are a lot like some of the folks I've worked with - they've lost focus on their purpose, if they ever discerned that purpose in the first place. For the most part this is not stupidity, it is simply a lack of reflection.

Of course there are those journalists out to deceive and manipulate, generally they manage to announce their biases to a discerning audience.
    Last edited by 26 Inf; 08-22-17 at 20:57.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    And on that note a journalist from ESPN has been set aside from reporting for a bit. apparently his name; Robert Lee is too controversial.

Btw, he is Asian.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Averageman View Post
    And on that note a journalist from ESPN has been set aside from reporting for a bit. apparently his name; Robert Lee is too controversial.

Btw, he is Asian.
    Eff me running.

Outkick The Coverage was the first to find out about Lee being pulled from covering Virginia’s game against William and Mary. Lee has now been moved to the game between Pittsburgh and Youngstown State instead. Dave Weekley has been moved to cover the game in Virginia as there appear to be no issues with him offending anyone.

http://www.inquisitr.com/4446739/esp...offend-anyone/

The management at ESPN is definitely functioning at a low level of brain activity.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 26 Inf View Post
    Eff me running.

Outkick The Coverage was the first to find out about Lee being pulled from covering Virginia’s game against William and Mary. Lee has now been moved to the game between Pittsburgh and Youngstown State instead. Dave Weekley has been moved to cover the game in Virginia as there appear to be no issues with him offending anyone.

http://www.inquisitr.com/4446739/esp...offend-anyone/

The management at ESPN is definitely functioning at a low level of brain activity.
    ESPN has gone full retard in the past few years. It is now an extension of the leftist platform.
    What if this whole crusade's a charade?
    And behind it all there's a price to be paid
    For the blood which we dine
    Justified in the name of the holy and the divine…

Feedback Score

Btw, he is Asian.
    read something to the take of
    how about going after Loreta LYNCH !!!! that is quite racist

other comment that cracked me up is when are we going to see a ban on "Dixie Cups"

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

Btw, he is Asian.
    I see his "Asian Privilege" didn't help him out there one single bit.

Various Asian-American groups have protested the salaries of the Asian actors of Hawaii 5-0, I'll be interested to see if anyone to include the ACLU comes to Mr. Lee's aide.

"Liberalism is a mental disorder". Dr. Michael Savage

Quote Originally Posted by Honu View Post
    read something to the take of
    how about going after Loreta LYNCH !!!! that is quite racist

Triggered! Triggered!
    "In a nut shell, if it ever goes to Civil War, I'm afraid I'll be in the middle 70%, shooting at both sides" — 26 Inf

"We have to stop demonizing people and realize the biggest terror threat in this country is white men, most of them radicalized to the right, and we have to start doing something about them." — CNN's Don Lemon 10/30/18

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 26 Inf View Post
    The title of the thread, juxtaposed with the actual contents of the article, lead me to wonder if Will actually read the article. Or, was he guilty of what we decry the media for doing, sensationalizing a headline?

The American Press Institute has a nice little section on it's website entitled What is Journalism? https://www.americanpressinstitute.o...is-journalism/ One of the sections is entitled The lost meaning of objectivity https://www.americanpressinstitute.o...g-objectivity/ I took a moment to bookmark the site and quickly read through it, a couple of gems presented themselves:

1. The diversity and magnitude of the public, in fact, is its strength. A mix of publics is usually much wiser than a public comprised of just the elite or one segment of special interest. The wisdom of decision-making by an interlocking public is embedded in the notion that government “by the people” means citizens have the duty to keep themselves informed.

2. Transparency means show your work so readers can decide for themselves why they should believe it.

Don’t allow your audience to be deceived by acts of omission — tell them as much as you can about the story they are reading.
    Tell the audience what you know and what you don’t know. Never imply that you have more knowledge than you actually do.
    Tell the audience who your sources are, how they are in a position to know something, and what their potential biases might be.

Transparency signals the journalist’s respect for the audience. It allows the audience to judge the validity of the information, the process by which it was secured and the motives and biases of the journalist providing it.

Essentially, I think a lot of journalists are a lot like some of the folks I've worked with - they've lost focus on their purpose, if they ever discerned that purpose in the first place. For the most part this is not stupidity, it is simply a lack of reflection.

Of course there are those journalists out to deceive and manipulate, generally they manage to announce their biases to a discerning audience.
    Actually, I read the (yet to be published) study itself which is an interesting read:

http://www.taraswart.com/wp-content/...Tara-Swart.pdf
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12