I bought a brand new Colt 6951 flat top last week, and took it to the range today. The goal is to use this for competition. Immediately cleaned and lubed per spec. I brought my 1995 era fixed carry handle AR to compare. Goal today was to simply sight it in at 25yrds, then out to 50 as that's the max range for steel challenge, etc. Used Winchester 115g FMJ NATO.

Ran 45 rounds through the older Colt, using the old original Colt mag, the new Colt mag, and one from Metalform (15 rounds each). Ate them up and dead accurate at 25, about 3-4" groups or tighter at times at 50. Used a Strikefire red dot on top of the carry handle.

New 9mm gun has Nikon red dot (the new Blackforce 1000). Same magazine setup. Ran the old Colt mag, then the new one. Had a misfeed on the last round on the new magazine. Cleared it, reloaded the magazine, and fired off all 15 rounds. No bolt hold back, and it's STUCK against the lower. Can't move it at all. I ensure the gun is clear, pull the rear takedown to open it up, try manually moving the BHO, nothing works. Get a can of remington spray oil, small amount in there, I'm able to jiggle and it comes free. Put it back together, pull and lock charging handle several times to ensure it works, then start with MetalForm. Shot all round, then locked up again. Repeated above for each remaining 2 magazines. It will NOT lock open after the last round, and it is JAMMED against the lower and needs immediate lubrication. Stumped.

Earlier thread on my Colt 6450 indicated the BHO was a weak link on the older model. Same with the new model? What are your thoughts on approach? I've never disassembled a lower, but I'm not afraid to. BUT, should I just return to factory (apparently shipping is at MY expense) for analysis and repair, take to a local armorer, or say eff it and just get in and replace things myself?

Thanks in advance.

John