Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Could use some feedback on this load...

Feedback Score
    I have never tried to shoot 30 rounds into the same spot on a target. It looks pretty good.

How far was the target located?

From me to you i would just go out and shoot that combo and have a good time. It sounds like you have done a bunch of work. Why scrap all that work?

It also sounded like you just want a battle rifle? A custom barrel will be, as you know an thing of beauty... It could shoot better? But will it be more fun than playing with different targets at different distances than your current dialed combo?

I do not enjoy working up load combos at all. Also changing barrels before one is warn out is not my idea of fun either. Barrel break in sucks..

Mass producing and, lots of shooting practice is so much fun.

By the way..... There are much, much better bullets designed for sub MOA target practice than 77 grain bullets amigo...

Unless you are talking about past 300 yards. Then of course your set up is ideal. Those 77's are not known for 100 yard bench rest championships.

They were made for across the course service rifle competitions and such.

Feedback Score
    1.5 inch 30 shot group, at 100 yards, from a carbine, load outshoots factory 77 loads you've tested?

You can try shooting from a better rest or rear sandbags, but IMHO your load development is ovah! Adjust your zero, go home and load yourself a few thousand rounds of that load recipe.

Feedback Score
    I personally would check out CFE powder and XBR. I have gotten sub half MOA using those loads out of a stock RRA.

my wife thinks I only have 3 guns
    Using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    30 rounds into 1.5" is some very fine shooting.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12