Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: sopmod clone block ll part alternatives?

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    I think for a "clone" the rail is pretty much the most important part. There is no substitute there.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    I got both my DD RIS II handguards about a year and a half ago on amazing sales, the black one I got for 150 on clearance from brownells and the fde one from rainier Arms for about 250. Both the fsp versions, unfortunately I haven't found them on sale or in stock anywhere since.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Spending all those hours hunting for all the correct parts is what makes it so much fun. Not easy, sometimes rather expensive, but that's all part of the game. For those things that you can't simply locate you can either just not run them, and wait until you can find them, or substitute them with "knock offs" which can be frowned upon. Personally, the base rifle is relatively easy to build and locate parts for. Its the SOPMOD accessories like the WMX200, su230, su231, su231a, su233, etc. that are the difficult things to locate. Those are all things you can get later though. Build the base gun up, put a few thousand rounds through it, begin searching for the hard to find stuff, then when it's complete, spray paint it lol.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    some how today i found a brand new 4 prong surefire flash hider at a gun store i never go in. he had 200.00 and let me have it for 160.00. so yeah that the only update so far. oh and kac grip
    Last edited by feesix; 08-26-17 at 20:05.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by feesix View Post
    some how today i found a brand new 4 prong surefire flash hider at a gun store i never go in. he had 200.00 and let me have it for 160.00. so yeah that the only update so far. oh and kac grip and rail covers.
    KAC rail covers? Are you doing a MK18 MOD 0 build?

The DD rails didnt ever have KAC covers on them. They came with the brown rubbe/skeletonized covers but those were quickly discarded.

Rick

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Nevermind I need to learn how to read better.
    Last edited by feesix; 08-26-17 at 20:04.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    M4A1 SOPMOD Block II. this is the clone i am building.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Renegade04 View Post

Awesome xcell, renegade. A few comments on acceptable alternatives: ACOG +/- Doctor stayed in service on some guns, as did Surefire 6p's and G2's. Some guys hung onto the click tailcaps from the old huge Surefires and put them on the 6p's and G2's.

And I have used and seen all sorts of grips and slings on work guns, so I would consider pretty much whatever someone likes as acceptable on a block II clone.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

sopmod clone block ll part alternatives?

I'd also add that I saw many guys ditch the "sought after" KAC sights for stuff like magpul. I've seen more than one dude get frustrated to find his front sight wouldn't stay up and was easily knocked down after he had to use them when his eotech batteries died after a couple hours of CQB & Chill at the shoot house.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    probably going to with the lmt buis. after looking at a one i like those better.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast