Thread: Anyone using the 73gr eld-m?

Feedback Score

Anyone using the 73gr eld-m?

Thinking of trying these, does anyone have any experience? Looking for a good starting point and what I can expect, accuracy, velocity, ECT. Thanks!

Feedback Score
    I loaded some up with the same powder charge of 8208 I use for 75gr hpbt's and was ringing steel at 1000yds with them. I'll buy more for sure they seem a little more accurate than the 75's out of that gun anyway.

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by NotDylan View Post
    Thinking of trying these, does anyone have any experience? Looking for a good starting point and what I can expect, accuracy, velocity, ECT. Thanks!
    I shot about 40 rounds of the Hornady 73gr ELD Match last week. 300 yards at 1/3 IPSC steel targets from an 18" LaRue barreled AR. 75gr OTM Hornady is right on at 1.0 mils. The 73gr ELD was shooting high at 1.0 mils. I came down to .7 mils and it was on. This was shooting prone off a bipod with a slight tail wind and about 100 degrees. No chronograph so I can't provide any velocity data.

Any of our really long range 223 shooters tested this bullet or ammo beyond 600 yards? For me, it's similar to shooting BH 77gr TMK, though I seem to get better accuracy with the Hornady out of the LaRue barrel.

I'm hoping to get out this week to try it at 500 yards.

NC
    Last edited by nightchief; 09-18-17 at 03:30. Reason: math is not my best subject

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    I've shot alot of Hornady 75gr so plan on giving these a try. The 75 has always been decent for me and the ELD M out of my 7mm bolt gun do not seem to care what charge I use so I'm hopeful.