Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: PredatOBR vs KAC LPR. Considerations?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Skyyr View Post
    Chiming in late, but you made the right choice. ...
    I heard on good authority there's only 100 or so of the Mod 2 LPRs that have sold since it was introduced, so there's also a rarity factor in owning one.
    Ha, very interesting. While guns have historically been good investments, these days everything AR15-related is in the toilet. It's nice to know that I might actually be able to break even if I ever decide to sell my LPR.
    Last edited by ClangClang; 11-01-17 at 23:09.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Colnago View Post
    another vote for a KAC LPR mod 2 -- love mine and hope you have the same success with yours that I have with mine. it loves 77gr rounds
    I had heard the same. Wound up finding a really good deal on the CBC/Magtech clone Mk262 77gr SMK so I bought a case of it. Hoping to get out and test it this weekend if the weather holds up. Will report back!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ClangClang View Post
    Ha, very interesting. While guns have historically been good investments, these days everything AR15-related is in the toilet. It's nice to know that I might actually be able to break even if I ever decide to sell my LPR.
    You may want to hold off... I know, asking and getting are two diff. things.

http://www.gunbroker.com/item/717041413

Feedback Score
    "I heard on good authority there's only 100 or so of the Mod 2 LPRs that have sold since it was introduced, so there's also a rarity factor in owning one."

Good to know.

Love my M-Lok.

Still keeping the Mod 1.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    As one of the oddballs who early pre-ordered the PredatOBR 7.62 - with the architecture it came to running, the only reason I'd have continued to choose that over a KAC factory option at a remotely comparable price point would have been the takedown capability.

In terms of what I would build as a full custom setup, the Mod2 LPR is a factory version of what I'd have built - and I have something that is practically quite close to it, but missing out on the various E3 features, so I'd agree that you made the right choice, and would steer anybody else to do the same.

CMC/Magtech, or the M4C Arizona crew's really dialed 77grSMK-Wolf Primed-IMR load would be the default grazing for sure... although my SR-15's are extremely impressive with the relatively inexpensive 75gr PPU HPBT as 'cheap' practice stuff.
    Last edited by TehLlama; 11-15-17 at 23:13.
    عندما تصبح الأسلحة محظورة, قد يملكون حظرون عندهم فقط
    کله چی سلاح منع شوی دی، یوازي غلوونکۍ یی به درلود
    Semper Fi
    "Being able to do the basics, on demand, takes practice. " - Sinister

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Spin Drift View Post
    "I heard on good authority there's only 100 or so of the Mod 2 LPRs that have sold since it was introduced, so there's also a rarity factor in owning one."

Good to know.

Love my M-Lok.

Still keeping the Mod 1.
    I wound up selling my Mod 1 LPR but I put the proceeds towards a Mod 1 CQB 11.5 upper I found instead. I can't imagine that guy is going to get $2900 for his new Mod 1. My upper was close to mint and I (unfortunately) had to list it over on that other site (still haven't hit 50 posts here). But I had it up for a very reasonable price and it got virtually no interest at all.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ClangClang View Post
    I wound up selling my Mod 1 LPR but I put the proceeds towards a Mod 1 CQB 11.5 upper I found instead. I can't imagine that guy is going to get $2900 for his new Mod 1. My upper was close to mint and I (unfortunately) had to list it over on that other site (still haven't hit 50 posts here). But I had it up for a very reasonable price and it got virtually no interest at all.
    I think you made the right choice for your use and you'll like the CQB. Agreed on it being a buyer's market with AR variant components right now.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Just as a final followup, the Mod 2 LPR has been serving me wonderfully. My range only goes out to 250 yards, but at least out to there, I can hold 1 MOA easily with the Magtech 77gr load all day. When I really do my part and build a good shooting position, my best 5 shot group has been about 2.1" which translates to about .88 MOA, which I am quite happy with.

I competed in the Mammoth Sniper Challenge last month down in GA and the LPR ran great. My teammate and I were one of only 19 teams that finished in the main "Tough Man" division out of about 45 teams who started. The match was the first time I had ever shot past 300 yards and I was quite pleased to take down targets out past 500 yards including a couple 4" poppers. It was cold, raining, and outrageously muddy.

Not me, but two guys in my squad. We were all this covered in mud.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Clang,

That’s me on the left! You did great, and I was jealous of how light your LPR was compared to my AI.

I’m still finding mud in the oddest of places in my gear.
    Former Colorado State Director, Students for Concealed Carry
    concealedcampus.org

Feedback Score
    40 (100%)
    I recently chased this rabbit......I traveled down the Knights hole
    Last edited by hk_shootr; 05-14-18 at 07:21.
    Proper Planing Prevents Piss Poor Performance.......

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast