Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: PredatOBR vs KAC LPR. Considerations?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    In my limited experience with larue I'm going to have to say HOLY CRAP THAT THING WAS AMAZING! I have been trying to figure out if I want the larue stealth or the let mpr. Haven't shot the let or kac sooo... anyone here in Phoenix with any of these rifles wanna help out a poor gun guy figure out his next love affair?

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by dlraymond30 View Post
    In my limited experience with larue I'm going to have to say HOLY CRAP THAT THING WAS AMAZING! I have been trying to figure out if I want the larue stealth or the let mpr. Haven't shot the let or kac sooo... anyone here in Phoenix with any of these rifles wanna help out a poor gun guy figure out his next love affair?
    I would hope you’re not having a love affair with a rifle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    OP, I would buy a KAC. KAC is the undisputed master race of the DI AR-15 world. It’s everything a quality, functional rifle should be and nothing it shouldn’t.

Feedback Score
    Agree with Mr. Goodtimes, and have had both

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Thanks for the advice everyone. In the end I decided to go KAC. I was shopping around and wound up buying both a Mod 1 and Mod 2 upper. Now to do some testing and decide whether I want to keep the heavier (but theoretically more accurate) Mod 1 or stick with lightweight and keep the Mod 2 if it is accurate enough for my needs.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Goodtimes View Post
    OP, I would buy a KAC. KAC is the undisputed master race of the DI AR-15 world. It’s everything a quality, functional rifle should be and nothing it shouldn’t.

I'm making this my sig...

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ClangClang View Post
    Thanks for the advice everyone. In the end I decided to go KAC. I was shopping around and wound up buying both a Mod 1 and Mod 2 upper. Now to do some testing and decide whether I want to keep the heavier (but theoretically more accurate) Mod 1 or stick with lightweight and keep the Mod 2 if it is accurate enough for my needs.
    Chiming in late, but you made the right choice. The LPR is currently my favorite precision 5.56 rifle. If I had to grab one rifle in a SHTF scenario, it's the LPR, no question about it.

Whatever accuracy might be lost with the change from the Mod 1 to Mod 2 barrel profiles, it's offset by the change in handling of the rifle. The URX assembly is a LOT more solid than the Mod 1 rail system. Also, the Mod 2 barrels are single point cut barrels supplied by Kreiger (although KAC makes no guarantee as to what barrels ordered rifles may be supplied with), which - theoretically - is superior to rifling in most of the barrels the Mod 1's were supplied with. At the end of the day, though, it's all academic and likely a wash between the two.

I heard on good authority there's only 100 or so of the Mod 2 LPRs that have sold since it was introduced, so there's also a rarity factor in owning one.
    Last edited by Skyyr; 10-30-17 at 21:18.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ClangClang View Post
    Happy shooting...like Skyyr I think the MOD 2 will be the best for your use. The MOD 1 in weight and handling is a more direct comparison to the tOBR.

I initially did not like the MOD 2 compared to the MOD 1 for cosmetic reasons, but that quickly went away the first time I handled one and I think pretty much all the changes are a step forward.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    another vote for a KAC LPR mod 2 -- love mine and hope you have the same success with yours that I have with mine. it loves 77gr rounds

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast