Thread: An interesting event with my Doctor.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

An interesting event with my Doctor.

I've had ongoing issues with general fatigue for almost ten years.
    I struggle to find the time and energy to work out, I lose weight I am get better and something comes up and I am back to square one. Fat, extremely tired and trying to get back on track.
    First they found my thyroid had pretty much given up, I have Hashimoto's. Thyroid replacement therapy helped but didn't fix the problem totally.
    Years of going to six month blood work checks and I haven't got any help no matter how many times I have brought up the low energy issue.
    So finally after pushing the issue into the realm of patient advocacy;
    Not only do I have Hashimoto's, I have low, extremely low vitamin D and low T.
    Same Hospital, same insurance, same doctor I have had for four years.
    WTF?
    So now they want a series of tests to include a sleep study before they will prescribe the testosterone. So what is going on here?

I have some issue with this because I dont want a damned sleep study. I want to fix the issue now.
    Do I have a sleep issue? perhaps, I was born with an enlarged uvula, I have to sleep in a position that doesn't block my air way, that or I can go get an uvula reduction surgery.
    I think I'm getting milked for my insurance money.
    WTF?

BTW I have noted my issues here over the years. It's finally being looked at nearly a decade later.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Take supplemental D3. Get your airway/sleep issue fixed, either with a CPAP/BiPAP, or that surgery you mentioned. Talk with your Endo about adding T3 to your Hashi's treatment. Then in 6mo get your T level rechecked. If it's still subnormal, get on T injections, or something to kickstart your production again.
    Two broken Tigers, on fire in the night,
    Flicker their souls to the wind...
    -Roads to Moscow

Not Forgotten:
    http://www.virtualwall.org/dk/KillenJD01a.htm
    http://www.virtualwall.org/db/BoddenTR01a.htm

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Have they checked your B-12 levels?

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    I would find a new doctor. Depending on how low your "T" is is shouldn't be difficult to get it prescribed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    This has been an ongoing issue for four or five years.
    I've had a number of blood tests and have been prescribed vitamin D2 x50,000 units 1 per week.
    Keeping the weight off is extremely difficult with low energy.
    I'm waiting a month for the app for the sleep study.
    I might try another Dr, but it's all going to be related to the same Hospital.
    Damn frustrating.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Sleep apnea is really bad for you. Something about being chronically hypoxia at night is bad for your heart and lungs and will cause multiple long term complications. Fatigue and obesity scream it.
    You need a sleep study. You should have had one years ago. I'm sorry you are unhappy, but get the darn sleep study.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    I'm sorry you're having to go through this and I hope you eventually find a doctor who takes your concerns seriously and is willing to treat you like a human instead of something they have to deal with for the next 15 minutes.

Over the last few years, my opinion of MDs had dropped to just about zero. To be honest, I have a similar set of issues as you're describing, but f*uck it...I don't feel like talking to some arrogant, ignorant, asshole who going to just blow me off because his government chart says I'm overweight and he has a tee time he needs to get to. Or worse, subject me to a bunch of pointless tests which will all come back "normal" at the cost of $500.

Feedback Score
    Howdy, long time viewer here. I was diagnosed with apnea the first week of August. Get a sleep study done. A score of 30 or greater is considered severe. I scored a 77 in my first hour of sleep. My blood oxygen level dropped to 76%. Needless to say they woke me up right away and put me on CPAP which brought me down to normal. Been on CPAP for a month and feel great. My symptoms were severe fatigue, increase in weight, getting winded, fell asleep behind the wheel twice. Fortunate for me i work in a hospital and have access to great doctors. But most definitely get the sleep study done.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I've been here at the Army hospital an hour and forty minutes.
    Blood work, exam, prescription is being filled and I'm off to get the class on how to give myself a shot.
    Success.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Gave myself the injection and I'm on my way.
    4 to 6 weeks before I feel the effects?