Thread: Help, mlok bipod adaptor might not fit!

Feedback Score

Help, mlok bipod adaptor might not fit!

I ordered a bipod, and an mlok adaptor for my spr. Being an idiot I didn't take into account the thickness of my barrel and where the gas block sits.

The adaptor and stuff won't arrive until tomorrow, but I can't sleep. I have a real spr contour barrel, and a low pro adjustable gas block. The handguard is a compass lake 15".

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMaroonNeck View Post
    I ordered a bipod, and an mlok adaptor for my spr. Being an idiot I didn't take into account the thickness of my barrel and where the gas block sits.

The adaptor and stuff won't arrive until tomorrow, but I can't sleep. I have a real spr contour barrel, and a low pro adjustable gas block. The handguard is a compass lake 15".
    I'm not sure how we'll be able to help, without knowing what gas block you chose. If by some unhappy coincidence the gas block won't allow the bipod adapter to be installed under it, you can always position the adapter directly behind it. Compass Lake's product page doesn't list the ID of the handguard, but clearance for the barrel itself shouldn't be an issue.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by grizzman View Post
    I'm not sure how we'll be able to help, without knowing what gas block you chose. If by some unhappy coincidence the gas block won't allow the bipod adapter to be installed under it, you can always position the adapter directly behind it. Compass Lake's product page doesn't list the ID of the handguard, but clearance for the barrel itself shouldn't be an issue.
    My bad, it's the stainless steel low pro gas block that comes with their spr upper

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Ok? I'm confused what are you asking?

Move the bipod back, or forward till you find where it fits.

Or return the products.

Or get the products and see if they fit before you freak out. You want help with something you don't know is a problem yet, try them on first.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Ahhhh, so it's their complete SPR upper. This is also good info for us. Additional helpful info is the exact bipod adapter you'll be installing.

Their gas block appears to have a pretty standard profile, so I doubt there'll be any clearance issues at all.
    Last edited by grizzman; 08-25-17 at 21:44.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by grizzman View Post
    Ahhhh, so it's their complete SPR upper. This is also good info for us. Additional helpful info is the exact bipod adapter you'll be installing.

Their gas block appears to have a pretty standard profile, so I doubt there'll be any clearance issues at all.
    Ok cool. I just ordered the Magpul mlok bipod adaptor, didn't know anyone other than Magpul made a bipod adaptor.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Help, mlok bipod adaptor might not fit!

I do not know what companies make M-Lok adapters. I suppose you're referring to an M-Lok to sling stud? I use Picatinny rail sections for that purpose.

Did it fit properly?
    Last edited by grizzman; 08-31-17 at 00:02.