Page 28 of 51 FirstFirst ... 18262728293038 ... LastLast

Thread: 2017 College Football season is here

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by chuckman View Post
    True enough. I'd like to see Wisconsin get their crack at it...and do very well.
    Hard to disagree with that. Not a Big 10 fan, but Wisconsin, to me anyways, is one of those teams that it's hard to root against.

NYH1.

ROLLTIDE!
    NYSRPA Member.

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    I look at Wisconsin this way. All of the pundits are still pounding Wisconsin and stating they haven't played anyone. I'm a big time Michigan fan and there is no way they will win out so I'm pulling for Wisconsin to win out and pound OSU! After that point whatever happens is fine by me.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Watrdawg View Post
    I look at Wisconsin this way. All of the pundits are still pounding Wisconsin and stating they haven't played anyone. I'm a big time Michigan fan and there is no way they will win out so I'm pulling for Wisconsin to win out and pound OSU! After that point whatever happens is fine by me.
    That in my opinion should get them in. After the epic Georgia and Notre Dame debacles, if things go Wisconsin's way they should be in. Still gotta lace 'em a few more times though.

NYH1.

ROLLTIDE!
    NYSRPA Member.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Watrdawg View Post
    I look at Wisconsin this way. All of the pundits are still pounding Wisconsin and stating they haven't played anyone. I'm a big time Michigan fan and there is no way they will win out so I'm pulling for Wisconsin to win out and pound OSU!
    Strength of schedule matters, but, as you say if W wins out including the B10 championship game against OSU then they should be a contender for a spot. But, even though OSU has 2 losses, if OSU wins out including the win against W for the B10 championship then W is out; although OSU still wouldn't be automatically in, but might be in the top 6.

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    Well, Tennessee finally got rid of Jones and is going all out, full court press on Jon Gruden.
    Experience is a cruel teacher, gives the exam first and then the lesson.

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by austinN4 View Post
    Strength of schedule matters, but, as you say if W wins out including the B10 championship game against OSU then they should be a contender for a spot. But, even though OSU has 2 losses, if OSU wins out including the win against W for the B10 championship then W is out; although OSU still wouldn't be automatically in, but might be in the top 6.
    All things being equal if the top 4 win out (and we all know there are no guarantees) Big 10 will be on the outside looking in. Regardless of SOS, so far the top few Big 10 teams have shown they are still vulnerable to laying an egg.

Feedback Score
    All things being equal if the top 4 win out (and we all know there are no guarantees) Big 10 will be on the outside looking in. Regardless of SOS, so far the top few Big 10 teams have shown they are still vulnerable to laying an egg.
    The top 4 can't win out. Clemson and Miami are going to play each other for the ACC championship.

NYH1.

ROLLTIDE!
    NYSRPA Member.

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by NYH1 View Post
    The top 4 can't win out. Clemson and Miami are going to play each other for the ACC championship.

NYH1.
    True, but I can see if Miami wins, Clemson is out, Wisconsin gets their shot (if they win out). If Clemson win, I can envision a 1-loss Miami and 1-loss Clemson making it, especially if it is a close game.

Edited to add, Clemson knows this. They know another loss, and they are likely out. Miami is in the driver's seat for the ACC (which sucks because I don't think they are as good as Clemson).

Feedback Score
    20 (100%)
    True, but I can see if Miami wins, Clemson is out, Wisconsin gets their shot (if they win out). If Clemson win, I can envision a 1-loss Miami and 1-loss Clemson making it, especially if it is a close game.

Edited to add, Clemson knows this. They know another loss, and they are likely out. Miami is in the driver's seat for the ACC (which sucks because I don't think they are as good as Clemson).
    I'm nervous about the ACC championship game. Miami's looking good, and Clemson has looked a little rough on offense the past few games. Thankfully, they know how to win ball games. Last time we played Miami, I think we beat them 56-0. I'm sure neither team has forgotten about that. On the bright side, the game is in Charlotte, so it'll basically be a home game for Clemson.

Feedback Score
    It's gonna be interesting for sure.

NYH1.

ROLLTIDE!
    NYSRPA Member.

Page 28 of 51 FirstFirst ... 18262728293038 ... LastLast