Page 3 of 51 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: 2017 College Football season is here

Feedback Score
    274 (99%)
    I don't know what you people are talking about.... OU will loose to Tech. No way that Cliff will loose to his BACK-UP.
    In no way do I make any money from anyone related to the firearms industry.

"I have never heard anyone say after a firefight that I wish that I had not taken so much ammo.", ME

"Texas can make it without the United States, but the United States can't make it without Texas !", General Sam Houston

Feedback Score

2017 College Football season is here

Quote Originally Posted by Grand58742 View Post
    You assume OU even makes it to the championship game.

Let's put it this way, I wouldn't doubt if they go 8-4 this season, maybe 9-3 would be more likely. But Ohio State will smoke them. Texas is always a toss up. West Virginia looks pretty decent and the other OSU is on the road and they brought back a ton of talent.

The higher OU starts in the preseason polls, the lower they tend to finish.
    Meh...maybe. OU has more big 12 champs than the other teams combined...they'll be in the game.

(I'm an O State fan second, btw...)

And yes, ****ing Texas is always a wildcard. It will all come down to the Defense. Keep in mind, last year Westbrook was injured the first part of the season. Not making excuses for the Ohio state game...I think they'll play better than expected

I just wish we could play the SEC OOC

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by JC5188; 08-28-17 at 00:06.

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by JC5188 View Post
    I just wish we could play the SEC OOC
    2020, UT comes back to that...thing you call a stadium. And you return the visit in 2024.

The 2014 game sucked because Tennessee was still getting over the Dooley years, but that 2015 game? That was a barn burner.
    Experience is a cruel teacher, gives the exam first and then the lesson.

Feedback Score

Quote Originally Posted by Grand58742 View Post
    2020, UT comes back to that...thing you call a stadium. And you return the visit in 2024.

The 2014 game sucked because Tennessee was still getting over the Dooley years, but that 2015 game? That was a barn burner.
    Hey now...they've upgraded Memorial Stadium considerably since then. And, that's hallowed ground...home of the 47 in a row (albeit not just home games).

You can always stroll through the Heisman Garden while there.

ETA...and yeah, 4th quarter of that last game at y'alls place set in motion the "Legend of Baker Mayfield". And in a big time atmosphere. I have my issues with so called "SEC dominance", but the big schools know how to put on a damned football spectacle.

Last edited by JC5188; 08-28-17 at 00:20.

Feedback Score

Quote Originally Posted by docsherm View Post
    I don't know what you people are talking about.... OU will loose to Tech. No way that Cliff will loose to his BACK-UP.
    You mean, no way he'll lose to him AGAIN!!!

Lol

Love this time of year.!!!!

Seriously tho, was MaHomes that much more impressive? Everything I've seen, Mayfields been a gamer at every level. I don't understand why he's not throwing 6k yards a year for tech??

Last edited by JC5188; 08-28-17 at 00:22.

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by JC5188 View Post
    Hey now...they've upgraded Memorial Stadium considerably since then. And, that's hallowed ground...home of the 47 in a row (albeit not just home games).

You can always stroll through the Heisman Garden while there.
    That venue looks like someone barfed up four different stadiums and tried to piece them together. I've never seen a stadium where East, North, South and West sides are all completely different. They should have torn it down and started over like they did with Kyle Field.

I've never seen a stadium "upgraded" that made it worse.
    Experience is a cruel teacher, gives the exam first and then the lesson.

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by HCrum87hc View Post
    My team, and alma mater (class of 2009) are the reigning champs, the Clemson Tigers. Our defense should be one of, if not the best in the country this year, particularly the front 7. The offense has a lot of talent, but we lost the best player in school history last year in Deshaun Watson. We also lost a lot of other leadership and production from the offense, so hopefully they'll catch on fast this year as we host Auburn in week 2.
    NC State is a dark horse; some "experts" are calling for them the winning the ACC. I don't see it. Fla State is going to be scary good. I believe Clemson had their moment in the sun. A tier 1 bowl, but no playoffs.

Not that I have room to talk...both of my alma maters (undergrad, grad) will be lucky to get 6 wins this year.

Feedback Score
    20 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by chuckman View Post
    NC State is a dark horse; some "experts" are calling for them the winning the ACC. I don't see it. Fla State is going to be scary good. I believe Clemson had their moment in the sun. A tier 1 bowl, but no playoffs.

Not that I have room to talk...both of my alma maters (undergrad, grad) will be lucky to get 6 wins this year.
    I pick FSU to win the ACC this year. I don't think Clemson will be as good as we were last year, and I figure we'll finish in the top 10. However, I don't think it was just a moment in the sun. Our recruiting has been very good the past few years, and with Trevor Lawrence coming in next year, it wouldn't surprise me to see him lead them to another championship. Dabo's done a phenomenal job, and I don't see us going anywhere any time soon.

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by HCrum87hc View Post
    I pick FSU to win the ACC this year. I don't think Clemson will be as good as we were last year, and I figure we'll finish in the top 10. However, I don't think it was just a moment in the sun. Our recruiting has been very good the past few years, and with Trevor Lawrence coming in next year, it wouldn't surprise me to see him lead them to another championship. Dabo's done a phenomenal job, and I don't see us going anywhere any time soon.
    I think top 10 is very reasonable; I think that this year with the strength of some of the other teams, the NC is out of reach. I think Florida State is poised to be atop of the ACC for the next couple years, and you can't count out a lucky ACC team on a roll.

Last year the difference was Watson; without him, Clemson would have been a 8-4/9-3 team. They'll need a special player to replace him, and some special players to surround him. Lawrence might be that guy. Aren't y'all getting Hunter Johnson, too?

I agree, Clemson ain't fading into the sunset; I just think the ACC is cyclical and Fla State is poised for a run for the next couple years.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by chuckman View Post

As a lifelong NC State fan I can tell you the one thing we are guaranteed to be is a letdown

Page 3 of 51 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast