Page 41 of 51 FirstFirst ... 313940414243 ... LastLast

Thread: 2017 College Football season is here

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Alabama has had a lot of first stringers down/out or playing injured. IF they are healthy, we'll see the 'Bama that could win it all. Clemson looks good, so 'Bama will have to bring it to win it.

Roll Tide!

Feedback Score
    274 (99%)
    Well, That is just great..... Bama has just killed the CFP like they did the BCS. I love have Saban completely sounded like a retard when he was talking about it. He said that EXACT opposite last year about Ohio State and them not winning their conference.

Clemson is going to kill Bama. Oklahoma's offence is not going to be stopped by any of those defenses. Should be interesting.
    In no way do I make any money from anyone related to the firearms industry.

"I have never heard anyone say after a firefight that I wish that I had not taken so much ammo.", ME

"Texas can make it without the United States, but the United States can't make it without Texas !", General Sam Houston

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by docsherm View Post
    Well, That is just great..... Bama has just killed the CFP like they did the BCS.
    Sour grapes? Every talk show today has agreed 'Bama deserves it. People are just upset the same teams are consistently good.

Love to hear people bitch(jealous much) about 'Bama, but those same people aren't complaining about Clemson being in final four multiple times.

As far as Clemson killing 'Bama, I'll take that with the same seriousness as I took your rankings. "Canes #1? What happened?

In all seriousness though, Clemson and the Tide better bring it b/c the other team sure will. May be best game of yr. Looking forward to it. However, wouldn't mind if the Tide rolls them and is over by halftime(doubt it).

Feedback Score
    274 (99%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 6933 View Post
    Sour grapes? Every talk show today has agreed 'Bama deserves it. People are just upset the same teams are consistently good.

Love to hear people bitch(jealous much) about 'Bama, but those same people aren't complaining about Clemson being in final four multiple times.

As far as Clemson killing 'Bama, I'll take that with the same seriousness as I took your rankings. "Canes #1? What happened?

In all seriousness though, Clemson and the Tide better bring it b/c the other team sure will. May be best game of yr. Looking forward to it. However, wouldn't mind if the Tide rolls them and is over by halftime(doubt it).
    Jealous? No, Just tired of having Bama artificially inflated. They are always contenders because people keep putting as close to the top as they can, even if they are not as good as others.

If they are that good then they would have won the SEC championship........ oh, wait..... they did not even play in it.

I do not ever remember saying that the Canes would be #1. I really hoped that they would beat Clemson, but they were over rated all year. As long as Clemson brings their same game as they did with Syracuse Bama will be fine..... LOL
    In no way do I make any money from anyone related to the firearms industry.

"I have never heard anyone say after a firefight that I wish that I had not taken so much ammo.", ME

"Texas can make it without the United States, but the United States can't make it without Texas !", General Sam Houston

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by docsherm View Post
    I do not ever remember saying that the Canes would be #1. I really hoped that they would beat Clemson, but they were over rated all year. As long as Clemson brings their same game as they did with Syracuse Bama will be fine..... LOL
    Syracuse was their mulligan. They won't do that again. Just as Auburn was Alabama's mulligan.

Feedback Score
    Bama artificially inflated? They beat Clemson 45-40 in 2016 and lost to them 35–31 last year. Haven't lost to in unranked team in ten years....no other team can say that.

Last years Ohio St. team and this years Bama team are apples to oranges. Ohio St. lost to Penn. St. who went on to win the Big 10 and yet Ohio St. still made the playoffs instead of PSU.

This years Ohio St. teams playoff ship sail out of Iowa City on Nov. 4th. with that 55-24 curb stomping by Iowa. That double digit home loss to Oklahoma didn't help either. Ohio St. was completely undeserving of the playoffs this year.

Plus the Big 10 has been outscored 69-0 the last two playoff years (Clemson 31- Ohio St. 0, Bama 38 - Mich. St. 0). Time to sit this one out!

NYH1.

ROLLTIDE!
    NYSRPA Member.

Feedback Score
    20 (100%)
    I'll be honest, I'm floored that Clemson did so well this year. I graduated from there in '09, and I'm a die hard fan, but I just didn't see it happening. I was expecting at least 2 losses and ending in the top 10. I knew our defense would be great, but I think Kelly Bryant has surprised a lot of people. I like our chances with Bama, but we'll have to play a clean game to win. I do think we're playing our best ball at the right time, and hopefully that'll hold up.

I have a die hard UGA fan for a neighbor, and a lot of my mom's family are UGA fans, so I just need Clemson to do better than them. I don't know that UGA's defense can slow OU down enough to win, but we'll see. I would like to see how our defense would hold up against OU, but it'd be crazy to see UGA and Clemson in the finals in Atlanta, which is only a short drive from both schools.

Feedback Score
    It isn't that I don't think you could make a case for Alabama being in the playoffs but when you only beat one team that finished in the top 20 and two teams that finished in the top 25 your whole strength of schedule argument goes out the window. The SEC isn't what it used to be but they are getting credit for it anyways.

Feedback Score
    skywalkrNCSU, who would you put in as the fourth team?

NYH1.

ROLLTIDE!
    NYSRPA Member.

Feedback Score
    69 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by skywalkrNCSU View Post
    It isn't that I don't think you could make a case for Alabama being in the playoffs but when you only beat one team that finished in the top 20 and two teams that finished in the top 25 your whole strength of schedule argument goes out the window. The SEC isn't what it used to be but they are getting credit for it anyways.
    Plus they didn’t even make it to the SEC championship game... I think a 2 loss conference champion like OSU or USC even should have more weight to make the playoffs than a 1 loss non conference champion.
    I paint spaceship parts.

Quote Originally Posted by Failure2Stop View Post
    Stippled Glocks are like used underwear; previous owner makes all the difference in value.

Page 41 of 51 FirstFirst ... 313940414243 ... LastLast