Page 45 of 51 FirstFirst ... 354344454647 ... LastLast

Thread: 2017 College Football season is here

Feedback Score
    Well this is embarrassing. Florida State was actually not bowl eligible because one of their wins didn’t qualify as a bowl qualifying win but no one caught it.

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by skywalkrNCSU View Post
    Well this is embarrassing. Florida State was actually not bowl eligible because one of their wins didn’t qualify as a bowl qualifying win but no one caught it.
    Bwahahahahahahaha!

Yes, embarrassing.....

I feel bad for the players, but most of the fans can suck it....

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by chuckman View Post
    Bwahahahahahahaha!

Yes, embarrassing.....

I feel bad for the players, but most of the fans can suck it....

NYH1.

ROLLTIDE!
    NYSRPA Member.

Feedback Score
    69 (100%)
    Well my Utes added on their fbs best bowl record over the last 20 years to 15-1 against West Virginia.
    I paint spaceship parts.

Quote Originally Posted by Failure2Stop View Post
    Stippled Glocks are like used underwear; previous owner makes all the difference in value.

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    Duke won its bowl....well done, Blue Devils....well done....

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Duke won its bowl....well done, Blue Devils....well done....

Really wanted Cutcliffe to come back to UT. Open secret he said no. Can't blame him; he has a good gig and is doing well. And when Coach K is on your side...

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 6933 View Post
    Really wanted Cutcliffe to come back to UT. Open secret he said no. Can't blame him; he has a good gig and is doing well. And when Coach K is on your side...
    When my dad retired from the Marines he worked at Duke; my sister went there, as did I (grad school), and I work there now. To say it's in out blood is an understatement. Coach Cutcliffe is the best thing to happen for Duke football since Steve Spurrier. He has a good thing going on, and he has a job for life. He'll never get fired. So happy the program is doing well. I don't care if we never go 10-2; winning seasons and bowl appearances are good enough. We can't recruit like everyone else in the conference, so we can't compete with that talent, but we manage.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Coach Cutcliffe is the best thing to happen for Duke football since Steve Spurrier. He has a good thing going on, and he has a job for life. He'll never get fired. So happy the program is doing well. I don't care if we never go 10-2; winning seasons and bowl appearances are good enough. We can't recruit like everyone else in the conference, so we can't compete with that talent, but we manage.
    Duke's admission standards make recruiting much harder.

Cutcliffe not being in the running for Coach of the Year is a travesty. Excellent coach AND person. He has my respect.

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 6933 View Post
    Cutcliffe not being in the running for Coach of the Year is a travesty. Excellent coach AND person. He has my respect.
    My wife's friend is the SID for football; she gets us behind-the-scenes passes, we meet the coaches, etc. I had the opportunity to meet him and chat with him last August, he talked to me like I was a long-lost friend, talked about his former OC (now the coach at my undergrad alma mater), talked about all sorts of things. He turned a moribund, dead sport into a viable program. What is sad is since Duke is forever (and rightfully) known as a basketball school, no matter how good football is, the stadium is 3/4 full at best.

No, we can't compete with a lot of "more local" schools with recruiting, but we can look to Stanford as a good model. They do it right.

Edited to add, because of his history with your school and the Mannings, the Manning Brothers are well-known around these parts. Peyton not since he retired, but Eli still comes down and works out with him.
    Last edited by chuckman; 12-27-17 at 13:31.

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    UCF is 13-0. Proof the current playoff system is broken. I will wear a t-shirt that says UCF national champions, because there's no one who can prove it wrong.

I expected Georgia and Oklahoma to be closer, and Georgia had a couple big plays, but golly Oklahoma is playing lights-out against them.

Page 45 of 51 FirstFirst ... 354344454647 ... LastLast