Page 51 of 51 FirstFirst ... 41495051

Thread: 2017 College Football season is here

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Campbell View Post
    Heartbreaking...
    Congrats to the victorious.
    You a Dawgs fan? If so, they'll meet again. Great game though. Two great games for UGA, two weeks in a row.

NYH1.

ROLLTIDE!
    NYSRPA Member.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Campbell View Post
    Heartbreaking...
    Congrats to the victorious.
    Agree.
    Politician's Prefer Unarmed Peasants

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by chuckman View Post
    I went to the Peach Bowl back when it was in the open in Fulton County Stadium, ECU vs NC State.
    Holy $h-t! I was at that game. Lots of friends went to EZU and State so went along for the fun. It was a blast getting together again. One of last times we all got together.

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 6933 View Post
    Holy $h-t! I was at that game. Lots of friends went to EZU and State so went along for the fun. It was a blast getting together again. One of last times we all got together.
    Lol, no kidding. That was the year after I graduated (I detest the "EZU" thing, but my skin is much thicker now). That was "The" pinnacle for ECU football: 10-1, #12 AP poll. Fun bowl, and I spent New Year's Eve with 50,000 of my closest friends at the Underground, absolutely hammered.

ECU has been a good program over the years, in and out of the top 25, but in a real slide right now. The whole Power 5/Group of 5 thing, conference alignment, and the current playoff system has doomed it to irrelevance, but I am hopeful we can get back to getting to some bowls.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    EZU is old school. ECU is a quality institution. Have lots of friends from high school with degrees, regular, advanced, and medical that have done well in the world. The education served them well.

Remember Haloween downtown? Elbow Room?

I was lucky enough to hit several Haloweens when it was pure insanity. That was squashed for several yrs.(the absolute insanity); don't know how it is anymore.

I was a junior in HS, dressed as a zombie, pushing a shopping cart around full of beer and liquor, while the downtown f'n RAGED! My cousin was on the G.I. Bill and "chaperoned" me. Next yr., same thing. Many of my friends had older sisters and brothers at ECU so it felt like home to me. No one can understand the craziness during those times unless there.

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 6933 View Post
    EZU is old school. ECU is a quality institution. Have lots of friends from high school with degrees, regular, advanced, and medical that have done well in the world. The education served them well.

Remember Haloween downtown? Elbow Room?

I was lucky enough to hit several Haloweens when it was pure insanity. That was squashed for several yrs.(the absolute insanity); don't know how it is anymore.

I was a junior in HS, dressed as a zombie, pushing a shopping cart around full of beer and liquor, while the downtown f'n RAGED! My cousin was on the G.I. Bill and "chaperoned" me. Next yr., same thing. Many of my friends had older sisters and brothers at ECU so it felt like home to me. No one can understand the craziness during those times unless there.
    Brother, you are jogging some very hazy memories. Halloween was epic there. Chapel Hill likes to think they have a party; they never held a candle to ECU. Greenville never really shut it down, but it got much smaller in the early 90s after I left. I understand it has grown again. My roommate and I and another buddy carried a couch downtown for Halloween (did it twice, 87 and 88), put it square in the middle of 5th and Evans, right downtown, had a keg on it. A cop walked up, talked about the keg. He had heard we were selling beer, and we told him we were, but not for cash, and only if you were female. He laughed and walked off....

Ahhh...good times. Yeah, the Elbow...the Attic, the Fizz, Pantana's, a few others with names I have long forgotten....I got arrested one Halloween for pissing on the chancellor's lawn, but was released with no charges (I got a "if we see you again you will be expelled" lecture).

I am back there now in grad school, an online degree, but have to get down there a couple times a year. It has really grown, and traffic is insanely crazy. The whole vibe of downtown is different, more subdued. Not the same. Of course I am almost 50 now so I am sure that has something to do with my perception lol....

Feedback Score
    It's been a while but ECU (East Carolina) came up to the Carrier Dome to play Syracuse. I went to that game. They used to play SU every once in a while. Don't think they have in a while though. Didn't Lou Holtz son coach there?

NYH1.

ROLLTIDE!
    NYSRPA Member.

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by NYH1 View Post
    It's been a while but ECU (East Carolina) came up to the Carrier Dome to play Syracuse. I went to that game. They used to play SU every once in a while. Don't think they have in a while though. Didn't Lou Holtz son coach there?

NYH1.
    Yes, Skip is his son, he coached there for a while. But like all good coaches we have, they leave for greener pastures and bigger paychecks. I absolutely cannot fault them. But what is interesting, most coaches who leave and go elsewhere usually do not do a very good job. There have been some exceptions.

Yes, we have had some good games with Syracuse. Someone our way, some did not, but they were entertaining.

Page 51 of 51 FirstFirst ... 41495051