Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 55gr bulk ammo that doesn't suck?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ST911 View Post
    Ok, so the 1.5 MOA group you mention above was a 10rd group?
    Yes, off the bench with sandbags front and back, it was a calm day. Low humidity in the low 80's.

I shot a couple of groups in that range and a couple just a hair larger, 1.75 MOA.

I will check zero by shooting only 5 round groups to verify that my sights are still on with the load it's zeroed with.

If going with another load I with zero, then fire a 10 round group if it's just a standard rifle/carbine or a 20 round group if it's a match or precision rifle.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ISiman/oh View Post
    Yes gun will be my "SPR" Build that has proven to float around 1-1.25" with my 55 Z-Max reloads. It may be too much to ask but I'm hoping to find a budget load that will stay under 3-4" at 250yards. I'll post up results next week.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    I don't think any budget load will be able to produce sub inch groups at 250 yards, I would be very happy to get a 3/4" group at 250 with the premium 77 grainers that are expensive.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMaroonNeck View Post
    I don't think any budget load will be able to produce sub inch groups at 250 yards, I would be very happy to get a 3/4" group at 250 with the premium 77 grainers that are expensive.

I'm hoping for sub inch groups at 100 yards. 3-4" is what I'm hoping for at 250.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ISiman/oh View Post
    I'm hoping for sub inch groups at 100 yards. 3-4" is what I'm hoping for at 250.

Oh lol gotchya I read that wrong. If there is a cheap submoa bullet I would love to find it, but it will depend on your rifle. I have a rem 700 adl in .223 that groups about an inch and a half at 200 yards with cheap ammo (it was 55 too since it's a 1:12 twist)

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    PMC Xtac and bronze shoot very well through my 16 and 18 inch Noveske barreled rifles. 1-1.5 from a rest or bipod were a normal occurrence.

Feedback Score
    75gr hpbt hornady bullets around 23gr IMR 8208 thrown from a Redding powder throw loads very fast even with a single stage press using the powder throw. If your still wanting loaded ammo after trying that use Black Hills it's very good.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Pappabear View Post
    you know the MEN ammo is pretty good bulk stuff. Mark and I shot a few boxes, and many other folks as well. I shoot a lot of their 9mm and consider it top of line for bulk ammo.

PB
    +1 Great stuff
    THE MORE YOU SWEAT IN TRAINING, THE LESS YOU BLEED IN BATTLE

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123