Ok, as an over paid professional coach in another industry and self proclaimed pro in the handgun side of this one (haha) I have always raised an eyebrow at the brand new shooters who are lefty and/or left eye dominant (I'm left eye right hand) why they start off shooting lefty?

Holding a gun for a noob is awkward righty or lefty. Why would you think for a second that "well I wipe and write left handed" that means I MUST do everything else lefty? Most products cater to righty for the obvious reason, why stack everything and have an uphill battle on a NEW SKILL your going to be learning? Crazy.

If your shooting for pure recreation and never want to carry a gun or use one in your work then do whatever, your plinking anyways. But for those of use who are contractor/mil or carry for whatever reason, it ONLY makes sense to be ambi with a pistol (backup). I am seriously left eye right handed but shoot right eye right hand. I have broken my right wrist somewhere in the upper teens, yes more than 12 times (thanks motocross and mtb) and am recovering from a recent injury as i type this. I shoot lefty and left eye better than 99% of people I would wager. How long did it take to make my weak side at least 80th percentile? not even 100$ worth of ammo.

Basically, this is a conversation for youtube or in person but if your buying your first gun for whatever purpose, start shooting right handed, if your new to something thats the best time to start. shoot a few mags left shoot a few right.

Your not right/left foot'ed are you now?