Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Experiences with recent production Trijicon MRO?

Feedback Score
    I actually think the MRO is equal to the Aimpoint. I've owned both and I prefer the ergos and wide field of view of the MRO to the Aimpoint T1.

Having said that, I actually prefer a blue tint for shooting out in the bright desert sun so I gave up both Aimpoints and MRO's for a Meprolight M21.

Feedback Score
    107 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by mebiuspower View Post
    The truth is, in a stressful situation most people will not notice the fish eye, distortion, tint, etc. They're noticeable only if you stare at it against an Aimpoint for long period of time.

Yes we all know Aimpoint is better but not everyone has the budget to buy one.
    I wouldnt say the Aimpoint micro is better, Ive had a ton of micros, if Im going with a small type red dot Im going with the MRO.YMMV

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Having owned an MRO for a big fat week, I can say early on I prefer the controls over a Micro pattern Aimpoint. For me, the rest is still up for grabs as to which is best.

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Honestly, the biggest gripe with the MRO (as others have mentioned) is the parallax. I’d like to see if it has been rectified with the new lenses/glass.

Feedback Score
    The only thing that I've experienced with the MRO that is sub-standard is parallax shift when firing from awkward positions. Which is a problem with any optic, including Aimpoints. The MRO has a very large field of view, which is great, but also exacerbates the parallax problem, as you can see more of the target area, and need to be less disciplined about mounting the gun as compared to the narrower tube of an Aimpoint.

I've never noticed / cared about any blue tint, have not noticed any fisheye, and don't suffer from any sense that it is magnifying the target. I just put the dot on the target, squeeze the trigger, and get hits.

A lot of the blah blah blah about MROs is getting into the minutia. The fact is that they are a GREAT sight, and definitely a competitor for the Aimpoint PRO.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12