Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Troys needed with a aimpoint pro?

Feedback Score

Troys needed with a aimpoint pro?

I'm kinda torn on what to do on this build. I know I'm getting an aimpoint pro. I've gotta get back up sights though. Do I need to go all out and get some troy battle sights or should I save the loot for am and get some magpuls or something else?

Feedback Score
    11 (92%)
    Plastic sights are better than no sights at all but that's about it.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Troys needed with a aimpoint pro?

After they are zeroed and folded, do you ever plan to raise them? If not, then Magpul should work fine. If the optic will spend time on another rifle, then Troys would be my. choice.
    Last edited by grizzman; 08-26-17 at 10:04.

Feedback Score
    I think I might try to find both used and get the best of both worlds

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by dizzo View Post
    I'm kinda torn on what to do on this build. I know I'm getting an aimpoint pro. I've gotta get back up sights though. Do I need to go all out and get some troy battle sights or should I save the loot for am and get some magpuls or something else?
    How much is the overall build? You're spending $425 on the PRO. I'd buy the nice Troy set so I don't have to bother with it again. That's just me though.

Feedback Score
    Grizzman kinda hit it on the head though. I'll sight them in and as long as the aimpoint never fails, they will never be used...

Feedback Score
    11 (92%)
    Quote Originally Posted by dizzo View Post
    Grizzman kinda hit it on the head though. I'll sight them in and as long as the aimpoint never fails, they will never be used...
    In that case why have back up sights at all?? Just use your dead PRO as a giant ghostring. My point is... If you really think you need BUIS you don't want plastic! What kills me is the guy with a FSB running a cheap ass plastic rear sight. Bullet proof on one end and disposable on the other.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    MBUS aren't bad at all.

https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread...ight-drop-test

Only reason I went with the pro version was smaller size.

Feedback Score
    I've seen numerous aimpoint comp m2 and comp m4 break but that's part of being an airborne unit but I have a personal rule for my personal guns is that if I'm not using an actual scope then it gets flip up or fixed irons, if it has a scope it gets offset irons. And I run troy go on all my stuff. I don't like the picture that much on magpul sights, I haven't tried the magpul pros yet. But for a duty or go bag gun then yeah get some Troy sights

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    You could always just use your Aimpoint Pro and wait for a sale to come along and see what brands is more in your price range. I prefer the magpul PRO, there not plastic and there small and can be adjusted with no tool on the spot.

After they're folded down you can almost not even tell their there.

IMG_8482 by hd_rolling, on Flickr
    IMG_8483 by hd_rolling, on Flickr
    DDM4V11 PRO, SSA-E, Vortex viper 6.5x20-44mm
    BCM 16 KMR-A, SSA, EO Tech EXPS 3-0, G-33 magnifier
    S&W M&P Sport II, BCM PNT, Aimpoint PRO
    BCM 9" 300 BLK upper/KAC lower/DD BCG/ BCM PNT/ Aimpoint T1
    Noveske upper/lower/handguard, 20" 6.5 Grendel Bartlein Barrel, SSA-E,Vortex viper GEN II PST 5x25-50mm
    16" BCA .223 Wylde "budget rifle", SPARC AR
    Retired Army Airborne Infantry

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast