Thread: Cleaning your long range weapon

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Feedback Score
    9 (100%)

Cleaning your long range weapon

I decided to go out on a limb and clean my hunting rifles, I mean what the hell, its 114 outside and we said F$#K shooting. They don't get heavy round count and its been 3 or 4 years and 3 Elk since I cleaned my main gun. I just don't shoot them that much. That said, I used "Shooters Choice" and jags and a quality cleaning rod. Usually 5 patches and its pretty clean and in 10 clean enough. Not so much with AR's. Krieger barrel clean fast IMHO.

My 338WM that we used some reloader powder in seemed to be extremely dirty. Is that powder kinda filthy? I know it gets bashed for temp sensitivity...

Tomorrow Im cleaning 5 other precision rigs that we shoot the piss out of. Im not a huge believer in one cleaner or one lube being the end all, but Im all ears since this isn't an area of heavy experience.

What juice do you use, and whats your protocol. i.e., I never get mine so clean that I can't get a tiny black streak on the patch if I work it real hard, but I feel its clean enough.

WHAT YOU SAY??

PB
    Last edited by Pappabear; 08-26-17 at 20:25.
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"