• Steiner Tx5i 1-5x

9 13.24%
  • Other

16 23.53%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: LPVO for Military/SOF

Feedback Score
    Dano, Thank you for your service and contribution to this thread. It has been very helpful and has helped me to make an informed decision on my next scope purchase.

Just a comment, my understanding is that it is "SEAL" not seal. If my understanding is incorrect, Dano feel free to correct me. Back to my lane.

Cheers, SSC

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Dano5326 View Post
    I would highly recommend the SM1 mil-hash reticle for military use, or other savvy users who will be limited by a BDC.
    The SM1 has 0.5 mil hash marks? If so, that's maybe the biggest advantage over the Vortex Razor. That and weight.

Feedback Score
    I don't know that I can add much, other than I do own both the Kahles K16i and a Razor HD II 1-6. In my non-military use. The Kales is my favorite. The only thing the Razor wins at is price. The deal posted above is pretty sweet, but personally I would rather have the SM1 reticle.

OP, I am sure your brother will appreciate such a thoughtful gift. Good on you, very cool!
    I am just a regular guy, trying not to screw things up too much.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by irondude View Post
    I don't know that I can add much, other than I do own both the Kahles K16i and a Razor HD II 1-6. In my non-military use. The Kales is my favorite. The only thing the Razor wins at is price. The deal posted above is pretty sweet, but personally I would rather have the SM1 reticle.

OP, I am sure your brother will appreciate such a thoughtful gift. Good on you, very cool!
    Thank you, I appreciate that.
    Yeah, I am really considering the Vortex Razor for myself. Wish I had enough to get a K16i for myself too lol. Hear nothing but praise. Also saw some pictures of the SM1 reticle illuminated in a room, looks so crisp and nice.
    "Associate with men of good quality if you esteem your own reputation; for it is better to be alone than in bad company." - George Washington

Feedback Score
    20 (100%)
    I figured I would give a K16i SM1 a try. Arrived today. Reticle is canted clockwise significantly, detectable with the naked eye. It's going back. Ridiculous for a $2000 optic.
    Will - Owner of Arisaka LLC - http://www.arisakadefense.com

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Sorry to hear that. I would definitely try and exchange it because it is definitely worth it. I own 3 and love them.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Slippers View Post
    I figured I would give a K16i SM1 a try. Arrived today. Reticle is canted clockwise significantly, detectable with the naked eye. It's going back. Ridiculous for a $2000 optic.
    Agreed there.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Slippers View Post
    That's disheartening. I certainly hope they can replace without a hassle...
    "Associate with men of good quality if you esteem your own reputation; for it is better to be alone than in bad company." - George Washington

Feedback Score
    77 (100%)
    My experience with their customer service was stellar and it was a voluntary upgrade. I'm sure they'll take care of it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    20 (100%)
    Swarovski sent me a new scope right away and followed up with a return label for the original. I'm very pleased with their responsiveness.

I shot it today and was surprised how good the SM1 reticle is. The design doesn't need illumination to be effective, even against mixed color targets. The huge field of view at 1x is also great for use on this:

Will - Owner of Arisaka LLC - http://www.arisakadefense.com

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast