9 13.24%
  • Other

16 23.53%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: LPVO for Military/SOF

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    The kahles illumination adjustment is easily moved when bumping into something as there are no detents. Something kahles got wrong. Ok for gun games but not for serious use.
    NRA Life Member

"WINNING" - When all of the liberal democrats and other libtards start throwing themselves off cliffs because they don't get their way...

JEDIsh: We are asked not to judge all muslims by the acts of a few extremists, but we are encouraged to judge all gun owners by extreme acts of the few.

Feedback Score
    53 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Singlestack Wonder View Post
    Ok for gun games but not for serious use.
    I think Dano's use of a Kahles is a little more serious than most of us would ever use it for.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Dano5326 View Post
    From a former Team guy who has used varible optics extensively in combat, the Khales 1-6 is far and away the best scope in class. Large useable eyebox for dynamic shooting. Daylight bright reticle. Mil-based Sm-1 reticle is very usable. From 25m to 900m, day and with Night vision I2 & thermal, it has worked spectaculary well.

Lighter, better glass and reticle than the Razor II
    Much better eyebox and reticle than the 1-6x Luepy

http://www.eurooptic.com/kahles-k-61...1-reticle.aspx

If he is not sniper trained, pm me, I will make predictive data holds for 14.5 and 16" (recce) with issue ammo.

Include extra batteries cr2032 IIRC
    Thank you, I have sent you a PM sir.
    "Associate with men of good quality if you esteem your own reputation; for it is better to be alone than in bad company." - George Washington

Feedback Score
    Here's a good review on Kahles K16i: http://www.westernshooter.com/2014/0...m1-review.html

If you are on a budget, you might be able to save a bit by going with Swarovski Z6i 1-6x with BRT-i reticle. It is optically the same scope, but without the tactical features. The Z6i has been very highly regarded scope in 3gun for a long time.

Feedback Score
    For the VCOG I prefer the segmented circle, they have also brought out one that uses mils instead of only a BDC. I would suggest getting mils/mrad over a BDC because BDC's are designed for a certain round fired from a certain barrel although they can be pretty close.

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dano5326 View Post
    I have not found this to be true with either scope, w/o detents, I have used extensively. Khales 1-6x or Luepy 3-18x (shockingly specified for SOCOM w/o detent illum).

To be more specific the Khales has an on/off detent, and firm turn tension.

What is more important is the tension required to turn the knob and the shape of the knobs edges (will it catch).
    Please clarify....has the kahles actually been issued for teams to use in the field? Leupold MK6 (both 1-6x and 3-18x) has and to a degree the Vcog as well.
    NRA Life Member

"WINNING" - When all of the liberal democrats and other libtards start throwing themselves off cliffs because they don't get their way...

JEDIsh: We are asked not to judge all muslims by the acts of a few extremists, but we are encouraged to judge all gun owners by extreme acts of the few.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Not as much fun to talk about, but based on my experience supporting a medium-speed soldier in the field, I'd be thinking gift certificates for tactical Taylor or mystery ranch rather than tac hard parts like scopes.

More chance of filling a gap, and less of getting him something that he can't use or is issued something better.

They have pretty decent access to weapons related gear, but have to buy any non-issue soft gear on their own.

Even small things like the exact radio pouch they need has a big impact during field time.

Feedback Score
    47 (100%)
    His response was pretty clear.

Reading is fundamental.

Quote Originally Posted by Singlestack Wonder View Post
    Please clarify....has the kahles actually been issued for teams to use in the field? Leupold MK6 (both 1-6x and 3-18x) has and to a degree the Vcog as well.

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Outlander Systems View Post
    His response was pretty clear.

Reading is fundamental.
    Vetted SME, with 5236 in his freaking username, dropping knowledge about an optic used to shoot faces and someone chimes in that it's only good for gaming. Only on the internet man...

Dano, thanks for your insight and sharing your experiences with us.

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    My question refers to actual being issued for military use. He did not specify that the kahles had been issued like the Leupold and Vcog offerings and (in other's words) used to shoot faces.

Dano, please clarify...
    NRA Life Member

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast