9 13.24%
  • Other

16 23.53%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: LPVO for Military/SOF

Feedback Score
    125 (100%)
    The Kahles illumination adjustment on *my* K16i is fairly stiff to turn and the odds for moving it any or a little by bumping it is virtually zero to none. Also, the guy who had input on the K16i scope when it was being designed used to be the the head at Nightforce and helped build its reputation for making tuff scopes, so I absolutely have no doubt about the Kahles ruggedness.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Singlestack Wonder View Post
    My question refers to actual being issued for military use. He did not specify that the kahles had been issued like the Leupold and Vcog offerings and (in other's words) used to shoot faces.

Dano, please clarify...
    He specified about the optic and his application. He really doesn't need to "clarify" what he has used as a Navy SEAL beyond he had a choice, chose it, used, and was willing to help the op with charts for his brother.

People in his line of work can get what they want. It doesn't matter about it "being issued".

I think we can call this one "asked and answered".

Feedback Score
    53 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Singlestack Wonder View Post
    My question refers to actual being issued for military use. He did not specify that the kahles had been issued like the Leupold and Vcog offerings and (in other's words) used to shoot faces.

Dano, please clarify...
    For what it's worth, there are plenty of optics "issued" by means of unit level purchases. I was just a Super Dooper Paratrooper and I was issued shit that the internet says I wasn't.

Not speaking for Dano, but his qualifications are in his username given he was a member of the same community as the OP's brother. He shouldn't have to elaborate beyond "it's a solid optic", because being "issued" at the service-wide level or not is a moot point.
    Last edited by GTF425; 08-28-17 at 12:54. Reason: typo

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Firefly View Post
    He specified about the optic and his application. He really doesn't need to "clarify" what he has used as a Navy SEAL beyond he had a choice, chose it, used, and was willing to help the op with charts for his brother.

People in his line of work can get what they want. It doesn't matter about it "being issued".

I think we can call this one "asked and answered".
    I'm aware of his background.....just asking a question for clarification. Learn to read and if you have credible information to answer the question with, please post.
    NRA Life Member

"WINNING" - When all of the liberal democrats and other libtards start throwing themselves off cliffs because they don't get their way...

JEDIsh: We are asked not to judge all muslims by the acts of a few extremists, but we are encouraged to judge all gun owners by extreme acts of the few.

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dano5326 View Post
    Geez, I wonder why people with substantive expertise avoid these jag off echo chamber forums.

To be perfectly clear, I have carried, in combat, the following variable optics a S&B Short Dot 1-4 & 1-8x, 5-25x - Luepy 1-5x, 1-6x, 1.1-8x, 3-18x, 5-25x, Bushnell 1-6x, 4.5-30x, Vortex 1-6x, Nightforce 2.5-10, 4-16x, 5-25x. I am confident in my assement of the utility of a wide range of optics. Additionally, having wrote requirements and later been an advisor on the development of combat optics and electrico optics I have an idea of what's under the hood of most anything individuals can purchase and most definitely on what individuals cannot.

Singlestack, nowhere did the original poster specify military aquisitions process and I am unsure and uncaring as to the reason for your odd stumble in this direction. Military aquisitions either at a programatic level.. the parent service: USN, USA, USMC, SOCOM, The various rapid fielding inititives, CTTSO, NSWC Crane's odd ball purchases, or specific Unit, Squadron, or troop purchases, or the discreationary funds attached to each component all the way back up the line.... are a bit out of scope for a forum post.

If I see another post that may be relevant to an actual warfighter, I will respond. Otherwise, the poseur weewee contest is a bit tiresome.

Have the best day ever!
    Thank you for answering the question and for your service.

Our weekly training group has two former Rangers, one former UDT team member (yep old guy), and a former Marine who served in Iraq and Afghanistan. No attitudes, just a wealth of information if asked. In asking for clarification for an answer, posters who have no relevant information chime in to attempt to shame me for asking an SME to clarify a statement. The poseur weewee comment was juvenile at best.

As many others have stated, this forum has continued to go downhill over the years. Where it was once the #1 source for knowledge on serious firearms use topics, its devolved almost to the level of general firearms forums.

Good bye.....
    NRA Life Member

"WINNING" - When all of the liberal democrats and other libtards start throwing themselves off cliffs because they don't get their way...

JEDIsh: We are asked not to judge all muslims by the acts of a few extremists, but we are encouraged to judge all gun owners by extreme acts of the few.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Dano,

Thank you for your service and obliging us with your expertise and knowledge. It is greatly appreciated.

Feedback Score
    Thank you everyone for your help and input, it was a great help and I learned new things which is always good
    Thank you Dano5326 for your expertise and service. I am sure this optic will be great for him.
    "Associate with men of good quality if you esteem your own reputation; for it is better to be alone than in bad company." - George Washington

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    So are you going with the kahles? its an awesome scope. I own 2 of them and agree with everything that Dano said.

Feedback Score
    46 (100%)
    Singlestack Wonder, your participation here has ended. As you said - goodbye.

Dano5326 - thank you for the recommendation. I have been saving up for an LPV myself, and appreciate your advice.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Never mind. Just read the whole thread. Dano's recs re: K16i are great. I have nothing worth adding.
    Last edited by JoshNC; 08-29-17 at 23:47.
    SLG Defense 07/02 FFL/SOT

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast