Thread: C39V2 2000rds Later: Deformation...

Feedback Score

C39V2 2000rds Later: Deformation...

C39V2 2000rds Later: Deformation...
    Heat stress vs SLR107R and more!!!
    This is another episode from C39V2A saga.

Best Regards
    Rob Ski
    AK Operators Union, Local 47-74

Feedback Score
    I always enjoy your videos Rob. You better break out the body armor and face shield because I don't think this rifle is going to make it much longer.

Feedback Score
    21 (100%)
    Thank you for the informative video. I recently bought a C39V2 (unfortunately before seeing this video). Being relatively new to the AK platform, can someone tell me if changing out the stock CAI BCG with gas piston for standard BCG with no lightening slots would help the rifle durability/longevity overall? Also if getting a replacement BCG and gas piston I take it there are no different types (i.e. one meant for stamped or milled receivers)?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Interesting. Do these Century rifles use US bolts and carriers? I presume this is a heat treatment issue?
    SLG Defense 07/02 FFL/SOT

Feedback Score
    32 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by JoshNC View Post
    Interesting. Do these Century rifles use US bolts and carriers? I presume this is a heat treatment issue?
    The C39V2 and RAS47 are supposed to be 100% manufactured in the US. I have never seen or heard anything to suggest that wasn't the case.
    " Nil desperandum - Never Despair. That is a motto for you and me. All are not dead; and where there is a spark of patriotic fire, we will rekindle it. "
    - Samuel Adams -

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    It appears that CAI still hasn't solved the riddle of steel.

H

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Fjallhrafn View Post
    The C39V2 and RAS47 are supposed to be 100% manufactured in the US. I have never seen or heard anything to suggest that wasn't the case.
    Yes, they claim that all is 100% made in USA, but truth is, that they outsource many of their rifles components to 3rd part suppliers...But their official statement is "100% US made".
    Best Regards
    Rob Ski
    AK Operators Union, Local 47-74