Thread: Folded Sig Slide Pins Discontinued?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Folded Sig Slide Pins Discontinued?

Been looking to pick up a couple more replacement bits and pieces for my folded-slide P220, and several places I've checked are showing that the outer roll pin for retaining the breech block has been discontinued by Sig. I've never liked having to scrounge around for used parts that may or may not still be in-spec - is there a suitable alternative or new part number that works? It also looks like some of the more recent P-series have a roll pin again, as opposed to the solid pin used in the P-series from mid- to late-2000s models.

Or am I just SOL?

Edited to add diagram (Specifically referencing part numbers and , found in the top right corner):

Last edited by Dionysusigma; 08-27-17 at 11:49.
    Sent from the future using Squid Telepathy

Quote Originally Posted by MistWolf View Post
    If we could control all the variables, we'd just put all the bad luck on our enemies and stay home.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    I'm also a user of the legacy slide SIGs. The easiest route will be to order a P226 parts kit from Top Gun Supply, it contains both the inner and outer breechblock pins: https://www.sigsauer.com/store/parts-kit-p226-9mm.html

I've also been told that the "spiral" roll pin, which is a single pin, can be used to replace the double roll pins in the 2-piece slides but I haven't been able to confirm that with a knowledgeable P-series armorer.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by El Pistolero View Post
    I've also been told that the "spiral" roll pin, which is a single pin, can be used to replace the double roll pins in the 2-piece slides but I haven't been able to confirm that with a knowledgeable P-series armorer.
    Seems like it wouldn't be as... stout? Strong? ... as the concentric roll pin/clamping sleeve setup. Could work, but wouldn't service life be much shorter for the spiral pin?

If we could control all the variables, we'd just put all the bad luck on our enemies and stay home.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dionysusigma View Post
    Seems like it wouldn't be as... stout? Strong? ... as the concentric roll pin/clamping sleeve setup. Could work, but wouldn't service life be much shorter for the spiral pin?
    I should clarify that the spiral roll pin isn't a spiral like a spring, but rather like a roll pin that is rolled over itself like a tortilla and only looks like a spiral from the ends. As I said I haven't heard from a competent SIG armorer regarding the spiral roll pin, or what other pins or pins would be a safe and durable substitute for the original double roll pin.

rollpins.gif
    Last edited by El Pistolero; 08-28-17 at 00:16.

Feedback Score
    Spirol, coiled spring pins, are far superior to a traditional slotted spring pin. The problem you'll likely run into trying to source a COTS replacement will be the width. They can be trimmed in a pinch but are rust bombs if you don't get them in 18-8 stainless.

As of today, Numrich has factory replacements for $10 a piece.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Don't know what the pin sizes you guys need, but have any of you looked at McMaster-Carr for these items?

https://www.mcmaster.com/#standard-s...-pins/=195oq51

https://www.mcmaster.com/#stainless-...-pins/=195ordo

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Would the "Type C" pins listed on the Gray Guns site ( https://grayguns.com/product/sig-sau...itioning-pins/ ) work?

Would there be any merit to replacing only the inner pin, and re-using the outer "sleeve" pin?
    Last edited by Dionysusigma; 09-15-17 at 16:49.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    1) Buy two of these
    2) ???
    3) Profit!

Parts Kit, P220, .45ACP

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dionysusigma View Post
    Would the "Type C" pins listed on the Gray Guns site ( https://grayguns.com/product/sig-sau...itioning-pins/ ) work?

Would there be any merit to replacing only the inner pin, and re-using the outer "sleeve" pin?
    Pin "B" appears to be a better match length-wise for the legacy sleeved pins. I would not reuse either of the sleeved pins if it's time for replacement, they are replaced in tandem for a reason.