Page 1 of 18 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Hurricane Harvey

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)

Hurricane Harvey

Hope any M4C members are safe and out of harm's way. This looks to get pretty bad in the coming days, not that it isn't bad enough already.
    Experience is a cruel teacher, gives the exam first and then the lesson.

Feedback Score
    I'm on relatively (for Houston) high ground. Streets all around me are flooded and bayou behind me is within 2 feet of it's banks. I had to walk/wade through a little over a mile of water this morning after finding a suitable place to park my car after working all night downtown. Keeping my powder dry and hoping the the heavy rains don't come back too soon. Flight to Nashville this morning was obviously cancelled and not sure I even could've made it to the airport anyway.

If any of y'all are praying types, put in a word for us and a continuation of the break in the weather.
    ~Rightful liberty is unobstructed action according to our will within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others. I do not add 'within the limits of the law' because law is often but the tyrant's will, and always so when it violates the rights of the individual.
    Thomas Jefferson

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by LoboTBL View Post
    I'm on relatively (for Houston) high ground. Streets all around me are flooded and bayou behind me is within 2 feet of it's banks. I had to walk/wade through a little over a mile of water this morning after finding a suitable place to park my car after working all night downtown. Keeping my powder dry and hoping the the heavy rains don't come back too soon. Flight to Nashville this morning was obviously cancelled and not sure I even could've made it to the airport anyway.

If any of y'all are praying types, put in a word for us and a continuation of the break in the weather.
    I'm just north of San Antonio, and I really feel for you folks out on the coast. We got some good rain and wind last couple days, but nothing compared to y'all. Been praying for y'all for a break. Hope you stay safe and dry...

Take care,

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    Already one feel good story coming out.

https://weather.com/storms/hurricane...-harvey-debris

I bash the media plenty over the things they do, but to take the time to "rescue" that flag and properly fold it was pretty awesome.
    Experience is a cruel teacher, gives the exam first and then the lesson.

Feedback Score
    274 (99%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Grand58742 View Post
    Already one feel good story coming out.

https://weather.com/storms/hurricane...-harvey-debris

I bash the media plenty over the things they do, but to take the time to "rescue" that flag and properly fold it was pretty awesome.
    That is outstanding! We need more people like that in this country.
    In no way do I make any money from anyone related to the firearms industry.

"I have never heard anyone say after a firefight that I wish that I had not taken so much ammo.", ME

"Texas can make it without the United States, but the United States can't make it without Texas !", General Sam Houston

Feedback Score
    274 (99%)
    Looks like the looters are already coming out.

https://www.rt.com/viral/401059-otis...ne-harvey-dog/

Storms can blow in strange occurrences and Hurricane Harvey appears to have had an odd impact on a Texas dog, who was spotted “evacuating” from his neighbourhood with a bag of treats.
    As flash floods and 140mph winds wreaked chaos throughout the southern state on Saturday, one dog appears to have kept a cool head and taken advice from certain security warnings around the Gulf Coast.

Spotted by Tiele Dockens in Sinton, Texas, Otis the dog has now become a viral sensation thanks to a picture of him carrying dog food during a clean-up of the storm.

I do wish that all those affected by this make it through safety. God speed.
    In no way do I make any money from anyone related to the firearms industry.

"I have never heard anyone say after a firefight that I wish that I had not taken so much ammo.", ME

"Texas can make it without the United States, but the United States can't make it without Texas !", General Sam Houston

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    I seem to recall members brickboy240 and ForTehNguyen live in H-Town as well.

Hope all is well, I have a friend who's husband is with HPD who has been keeping updates coming in via social media.

Just cause . . .

"In a nut shell, if it ever goes to Civil War, I'm afraid I'll be in the middle 70%, shooting at both sides" — 26 Inf

"We have to stop demonizing people and realize the biggest terror threat in this country is white men, most of them radicalized to the right, and we have to start doing something about them." — CNN's Don Lemon 10/30/18

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Moose-Knuckle View Post
    I seem to recall members brickboy240 and ForTehNguyen live in H-Town as well.

Hope all is well, I have a friend who's husband is with HPD who has been keeping updates coming in via social media.
    and Hizzie (paramedic and cop)

I have fam and friends down there, too...some I have heard from, some I have not.

Man, what a shit sandwich....

Feedback Score
    46 (100%)
    As of late last night, I have a family friend bunking here at Rancho Serious for a bit. He was attending University of Houston working on a math degree.

Was.

Poor kid lost everything in his apartment, but was smart enough to have renter's insurance with flood coverage for an additional price.

Before all is said and done, I am betting on several hundred thousand people migrating out of the Texas coast. They are going to get a year's rainfall in 5-6 days.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

This is the megashelter in Dallas today. I deployed here to start setting up the clinic. I've been working one of the smaller shelter clinics since it opened for the last several days. We are expecting 5,000 here at this site. This is twice the size of the Katrina deployment and is the largest operation in Dallas history.

This was my niece's street in Dickinson Saturday morning, before the real rainfall came through. She made it to my sister's but both their cars are totaled.
    Death hangs over thee: whilst yet thou livest, whilst thou mayest, be good.

Page 1 of 18 12311 ... LastLast