Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Dedicated 22LR upper or conversion kit?

Feedback Score
    They work in mine just fine.

-Goober

Feedback Score
    As I only have 1 AR I went with the JAC kit and have been pleased with it.
    I have been able to teach my 2 stepsons and my wife the basic functions and manual of arms of the AR wep system with some differences obviously.

After just one range/teaching session they where at least comfortable and knowledgeable about the rifle, they where safe with the rifle also.

All in all for the shooting we have done on several range sessions I could not have shot 5.56 ammo to the same degree, we have put at least 750 rnds through the JAC kit each trip with only 10-20 rnds of 5.56 through the rifle to "blow it out" every 350 22lr rounds or so.

All I do is grease the kit rails and functioning is excellent with only 2 or 3 jams when it starts getting dirty, but those jams serve as training aids also.
    All the family and I have to do know is get in a "shoot school" together!

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    i have been debating going with a upper or a conversion bcg. i think the conversion kit will work just fine for my purposes.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by SoDak View Post
    Outside of the differences in controls and trigger, does the nordic AR-22 feel pretty close to an actual AR-15? I like the idea of having an AR in .22, but I have concerns about getting parts for it down the road if something breaks. Having a 10/22 as the base would mean a reliable gun with plenty of spare parts.
    "Parts" are not a problem with the Nordic. The internals... receiver, bolt, barrel, trigger group, and all of the 'go-fast' parts, are all standard Ruger 10/22 parts.

Not sure who has the 'bigger' aftermarket industry, but the Ruger 10/22 and the AR15 are probably close in size and scope.
    Doubt that? Look here: http://www.rimfirecentral.com/forums/index.php

The Nordic 'chassis' is a machined aluminum part that accepts a standard 10/22 receiver and TG inside.
    The outside accepts all AR furniture. No problem getting those parts either.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345