Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: What 38 or 357 Revolver with an external hammer would you choose?

Feedback Score
    i prefer k frame size revolvers and own several but my favorite by far is a 2 3/4" stainless Service Six that i slicked up and round butted.....don't overlook the Ruger Six Series revolvers
    Attached Images Attached Images

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I recently got rid of a GP100. Great revolver but I wanted a 45 Colt more than I wanted a 357 at the time.

I prefer S&W revolvers personally but it's pure personal preference on my part.

How to remove the lock on a S&W

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RVPYgohVCNM
    C co 1/30th Infantry Regiment
    3rd Brigade 3rd Infantry Division
    2002-2006
    OIF 1 and 3

IraqGunz:
    No dude is going to get shot in the chest at 300 yards and look down and say "What is that, a 3 MOA group?"

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Just answering the question asked; what would I choose? 1) Anything I want, Korth or Manurrin MR 73, 4" barrel. What I have: S&W 686-1 = good choice.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by C-grunt View Post

How to remove the lock on a S&W

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RVPYgohVCNM
    Thanks for posting that, I've always been curious. Not exactly 'pop fly' easy to do.
    * Just Your Average Jewish Redneck *
    Participant in Year-Long Gun Fighting Training Program
    Competition Shooter in NRA, CMP, IDPA
    Past part-time sales at national firearms retailer, Never came close to breaking even!

Feedback Score
    Been eyeing the Colt Cobra. Is it true or an urban myth that Colt revolvers are kind of fragile and if you drop one you should have a gunsmith check it for timing issues before you shoot it ever again?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc Glockster View Post
    Been eyeing the Colt Cobra. Is it true or an urban myth that Colt revolvers are kind of fragile and if you drop one you should have a gunsmith check it for timing issues before you shoot it ever again?
    I'd be tempted too. And would have the same concern. I'd be concerned about any revolver taking a hard drop, but like you, have read that Colt modern revolvers in the past went out of time more than other makes. With the new Cobra ... yeah, the whole gun is a bit unproven in my mind. Rare to see one for sale, so I don't know how robustly Colt is producing that.
    Past part-time sales at national firearms retailer, Never came close to breaking even!

Feedback Score
    And it always bothered me that the GP100 and SP101 have an abbreviated grip frame. Otherwise I'd be all over the SP101 for a compromise between the concealability of the Smith 642 and the full horse Ruger GP100.

I think I would only buy an SP101 or GP100 if I already had a source for full size wood grips rather than the cheesy rubber grips that come with the guns.

Feedback Score
    Really? I mean there's tons of aftermarket grip options for either of those guns ... google it a bit.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by PattonWasRight View Post
    Really? I mean there's tons of aftermarket grip options for either of those guns ... google it a bit.
    True that...but not more than one or two I like. Here we go with hating finger grooves again. I'd basically want the same rough shape as the factory grips and that's hard to find.

Feedback Score
    What do you think you'll decide / what gun are you leaning to?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast