Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: First AR lots of malfunctions.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottsBad View Post
    LOL. No, the same cannot be said about, "every company out there". Sorry, but the I've seen dozens and dozens of posts on this site and the Ca. guns website with PSA problems, mostly crappy quality, some with crappy quality and bad CS. PSA delivers crap.
    So, you "refuted" my comment regarding customer service by largely focusing on the quality of components.

To be fair, you did mention CS. Although, you essentially articulated my point by indicating "some with crappy quality and bad CS." And, yes, there are plenty of instances where other companies have exhibited lackluster CS. I've seen negative reports running the gamut from Colt and BCM, to Stag and Rock River. For the former two, reports of issues and poor CS are often snuffed out pretty quickly. For the so-called "bottom tier" brands, the same type of reports are given a much longer leash. It is what it is. I don't expect any change in objectivity any time soon.

It's quite fitting that you hail from CA. You brought nothing of substance to the discussion. Just an air of enlightened superiority. Ironically, while clicking around M4C today, I encountered 3-4 other recent threads regarding PSA. And, sure enough, there you were contributing the same level of unproductive drivel. It seems you can't accept that others might think differently. You could simply click on past. But, no, it's almost like you seek out opportunities to disparage those who make purchases that you personally deem unacceptable. Again, it's not all that surprising. It's very Californian to actively stalk unlike minds around; attempting to shove ones opinions and beliefs down the throat of others.

Individual's freedom to make their own purchasing decisions shouldn't be so triggering. Contribute to the topic or let it go.
    "I actually managed to figure this one out: you've got to find a woman who loves God more than she loves you -- albeit just barely."

-Army Chief

I did not know the man quoted above, and joined this Forum after his passing. He seemed to be a leader of men; both spiritually and physically. Someone we'd all be proud to emulate.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Blueduck600 View Post
    This morning I sent PSA a detailed email, then I followed up with a phone call on my lunch break. 10 minutes on hold and I got a real person(good start).
    The representative told me that it is covered under their lifetime warranty, unless I run it over, change the barrel, or Cerakote it.
    She put me on hold for a couple minutes in order to show the description in my email (copy of my first post) to a manager.
    Manager declared that it was likely a feed ramp issue. My guess is that he didn't really read the email.
    They are going to email me a shipping label and check things out. Expected turn around 15 days...
    Glad to hear that it sounds like they are taking care of you. I'll look forward to seeing an update.

On a related note, this is an example of why I prefer phone to email when needing some sort of CS. Even if it means sitting on hold for 15-20 minutes. Emailing regarding an issue is almost never resolved within 20 minutes of sending the initial complaint. No back and forth over the course of a day or two. No messages that "must have gone to my spam/junk folder". Get me to a live person where I can have them address my concerns and provide a solution in the moment.
    "I actually managed to figure this one out: you've got to find a woman who loves God more than she loves you -- albeit just barely."

-Army Chief

I did not know the man quoted above, and joined this Forum after his passing. He seemed to be a leader of men; both spiritually and physically. Someone we'd all be proud to emulate.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Easy on the name calling, kdubya. My sons and I are from California. I'd hate to think anyone here would be disparaging my sons
    The number of folks on my Full Of Shit list grows everyday

http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n289/SgtSongDog/AR%20Carbine/DSC_0114.jpg
    I am American

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by MistWolf View Post
    Easy on the name calling, kdubya. My sons and I are from California. I'd hate to think anyone here would be disparaging my sons
    My apologies, MW. When it comes to regional demographics, there are certain propensities that can be loosely applied to the general population. I've always found you to be reasonable, fair and objective; and don't intend for it to be taken as a "one size fits all" commentary. Only that the poster in question is doing a pretty good job in fitting the stereotype.

-Army Chief

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kdubya View Post
    My apologies, MW. When it comes to regional demographics, there are certain propensities that can be loosely applied to the general population. I've always found you to be reasonable, fair and objective; and don't intend for it to be taken as a "one size fits all" commentary. Only that the poster in question is doing a pretty good job in fitting the stereotype.
    Apology accepted. As for the rest of it, let me leave you with this thought- WWACD? What Would ArmyChief do?
    The number of folks on my Full Of Shit list grows everyday

http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n289/SgtSongDog/AR%20Carbine/DSC_0114.jpg
    I am American

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Blueduck600 View Post
    One thing I noticed was the the gas block is not centered inside the hand guard, even though the feed ramps cut in the receiver line up perfectly with ramps cut in the barrel.
    My guess at this point is a misaligned gas block.
    Reading through all of the technical information you provided (including information about the ammo, mags, etc.), I would bet that this is the problem.

Joe Mamma
    "Reliability above all else"
    NRA Certified Pistol and Rifle Instructor, Life Member
    Glock Certified Armorer
    Beretta & Sig Sauer Certified Pistol Armorer
    Colt Certified 1911 & AR-15/M16/M4 Law Enforcement Armorer

Feedback Score
    Well, UPS has it now. FYI, I had to drop it off at a UPS "hub". Not allowed to drop it at a UPS store.

Feedback Score
    I ran into a problem similar to what you describe with a budget AR of a coworker. It was a simple case of the screw set gas block coming loose.

I'm a BCM fanboy, but really like my PSA AR pistol. About 1000 trouble free rounds through it, a few 40 round mag dumps included. Not going to win any accuracy contests with any ammo other than the lightest weight bullets, but I think I got my $599.00 dollars worth out of it.

Feedback Score
    I have a PSA Dissi upper with an FN CHF midi barrel. Never had a problem after several thousand rounds. I have a friend who's Colt .308 was with them for SIX months. When they sent it back, it was still a single shot & wouldn't function properly. Around this time, I had ordered a 6920, then cancelled it for a DD due to my friends CS experience.

Every company has quirks & foibles. I'm pleased with my N of 1 and have no complaints with PSA. But I also got lucky with a Bushmaster that's been flawless in over 10,000 rounds.

Break out the tar & feathers, boys or flame away.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by pinzgauer View Post
    No fan of PSA, but comments like this are about useless and to me are more of a annoyance than someone asking for help in gear I don't like.

Ignore the thread and move on
    You seem to get triggered easily. How about just ignoring my post if you don't like it?

Quote Originally Posted by Caduceus View Post
    They fixed a 6.8 upper and had it back in 2 weeks for me.

Gas tube was out of spec
    Congratulations, you found out that PSA can't even deliver a fricken quality gas tube.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast