Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: First AR lots of malfunctions.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    OK you shamed me. I'm now a 5 year site sponser. Was only $90.

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottsBad View Post
    This site is important to me, but the last time I checked it was $300 a year and this is not my primary forum where I'm a life member.
    FYI, it is $20 a year to be a site sponsor here and gets cheaper the more years you buy.

ETA: Never mind looks you already found out.
    Last edited by titsonritz; 08-31-17 at 18:32.
    Gettin' down innagrass.
    Let's Go Brandon!

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by titsonritz View Post
    FYI, it is $20 a year to be a site sponsor here and gets cheaper the more years you buy.
    Beat you to it. Thanks. Doesn't show up yet but I paid through PayPal. I know, I know, I hate PayPal too. OK now I'm gone.
    Last edited by ScottsBad; 08-31-17 at 18:35.

Feedback Score
    If people honestly think PSA has the same level control as BCM, or any other high end brand... you gotta be kidding me.

FWIW, my experience with Stag was better. That said, there's no hard data, so you can't "prove" it.

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by MegademiC View Post
    If people honestly think PSA has the same level control as BCM, or any other high end brand... you gotta be kidding me
    Where did anyone make a statement even close to that in this thread?

I will save you the trouble of reading it - guy has problems with new gun, asks for help. Suggestions were made, guy calls manufacturer, who said to send it in for repair. Two intelligent and nice guys get in a pissing contest over a manufacturer. No crazy "as good as" statements made.
    Last edited by AndyLate; 08-31-17 at 21:36.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Thread will be reopened for OP to post resolution report.

Feedback Score
    *update*

Ok, folks. It’s been a while, mainly because I got tired of dealing with it, and set it aside.

In short, nothing got fixed.

What happened was, while I was waiting for a update from PSA (I had called then a couple times and they said the backlog had been extended because of their lifetime warranty.) I got the notice that it was waiting for me at UPS. Great!

So I picked it up and it looked like nothing had been done to it. I hadn’t sent it out clean so I wasn’t sure. Well, I called them up to ask what they had fixed, and they said “Nothing. We ran 3 mags through it with no problems.” WTF? But if I still had trouble, I “could send it back again.” So I asked what mags they used. “P-mags” they said. So I went out, bought a gen 2 P-mag, went shooting, and had the exact same problems as before. Couldn’t get through a single mag without malfunctions, from any of the 3 ammos I was using.

This time I took apart the gas block and tube, checked for obstructions, alignment, and proper port size. All check out ok.

I’m going to sent it back again and go from there. I don't have anywhere to shoot rifle in the winter anyway.

Feedback Score
    Did you Switch ammo to what ever they were shooting or something 62 grain GI ball ? Just wondering. I did not read every entry.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I can't imagine that it is something you're doing in the way you shoot, but have you had anyone else shoot the rifle? Assuming that the issue isn't you, and I can't imagine how it would be, I'd say that PSA is full of crap regarding running "3 mags through it with no problems." Ask to speak to a manager, and explain the problem.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Blueduck600 View Post
    *update*

Ok, folks. It’s been a while, mainly because I got tired of dealing with it, and set it aside.

In short, nothing got fixed.

What happened was, while I was waiting for a update from PSA (I had called then a couple times and they said the backlog had been extended because of their lifetime warranty.) I got the notice that it was waiting for me at UPS. Great!

So I picked it up and it looked like nothing had been done to it. I hadn’t sent it out clean so I wasn’t sure. Well, I called them up to ask what they had fixed, and they said “Nothing. We ran 3 mags through it with no problems.” WTF? But if I still had trouble, I “could send it back again.” So I asked what mags they used. “P-mags” they said. So I went out, bought a gen 2 P-mag, went shooting, and had the exact same problems as before. Couldn’t get through a single mag without malfunctions, from any of the 3 ammos I was using.

This time I took apart the gas block and tube, checked for obstructions, alignment, and proper port size. All check out ok.

I’m going to sent it back again and go from there. I don't have anywhere to shoot rifle in the winter anyway.
    Did you do a lock back test?

Before sending it back, test it with a known to be good BCG. The problem I had with a PSA AR was traced to a weak extractor spring.
    Last edited by MistWolf; 01-02-18 at 19:41.
    The number of folks on my Full Of Shit list grows everyday

http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n289/SgtSongDog/AR%20Carbine/DSC_0114.jpg
    I am American

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast