Thread: Falkor .300 Win Mag ?

Feedback Score

Falkor .300 Win Mag ?

Just became aware of this offering (yes, I live in a hole...) and am wondering about the merits of such a beastie.
    1. Life span of BCG, springs and such? Especially using heavy hitters: 200gr and up?
    2. We know avg. barrel life. I've owned a couple .300 wind mag bolt guns.
    3. Recoil mitigation?

Just curious, knowing price is steep for me it does add spice to a collection, but does it have merit as a serious tool?
    Obey Acts 2:38

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    It's a lot of money for a lot of moving parts and intricacies that can fail under the operating stresses of such a caliber in my opinion. The Stoner design is great for .308 and under. You want accuracy and reliability with precision manufacturing tolerances for a 300 Win Mag - do a bolt gun. For the price of these novelty Win Mag ARs you can land a beautiful rifle with a Defiance Action, Kreiger or Bartlein barrel, top of the line chassis and a great scope.

If you really want to stick with the AR or a semi-auto setup, get a LMT MWS, SR-25 or a SCAR 17 instead, you would still have $2,000 or more left.

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by TacMedic556 View Post
    It's a lot of money for a lot of moving parts and intricacies that can fail under the operating stresses of such a caliber in my opinion. The Stoner design is great for .308 and under. You want accuracy and reliability with precision manufacturing tolerances for a 300 Win Mag - do a bolt gun. For the price of these novelty Win Mag ARs you can land a beautiful rifle with a Defiance Action, Kreiger or Bartlein barrel, top of the line chassis and a great scope.

If you really want to stick with the AR or a semi-auto setup, get a LMT MWS, SR-25 or a SCAR 17 instead, you would still have $2,000 or more left.
    I have an omen in 300wm that has been a complete treat.

Sent from my SM-G955U1 using Tapatalk
    i had the will power to not buy guns. I even bought a gun store and work for a company that manufactures the forging machines for said guns. I need help.

Feedback Score
    Novelty is what I knew this weapon would be and yes a bolt gun is the best system for a .300 winnie. I've owned 2 built bolt guns in that cartridge, but a Defiance would not be what I would build another rifle with. A debate for another forum, yet these gas guns in large cartridges do hold interest. Seems quantity of testing for these systems would be larger than is reported, but I'm not in that loop.
    Obey Acts 2:38