Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: How many of you prefer rubber over wood to shoot revolvers?

Feedback Score
    I shoot anywhere from 25-50 rounds. I do realize the Snubby is spicier but it shouldn't pound my hand like this.

I have Snubbies in 357 and 454 Casull that have rubber that are comfortable, and have the same grips. No issues with pain.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Every time! Not a fan of shooting with wood grips, at least not the stock ones and Im not willing to spend the money on different wood grips to figure out what works. But above all I just don't care to play dress up with guns unless I really really have to

Model 13

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Wood grips would be my choice! Old fashioned I guess...

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by gunnerblue View Post
    This. The shape, as opposed to the material of a grip contributes more to recoil control. A long straight grip (especially the front) such as the Jordan Trooper or Ruger Bisley do not give the gun enough of an opportunity to move against the shooters hand.
    Exactly. Also, I find rubber grips grip your clothing are not suitable for CCW.
    Gettin' down innagrass.
    Let's Go Brandon!

Feedback Score
    wood looks and feels better unless it was on my 329pd, aka worlds lightest 44mag. miserable to shoot regardless
    www.instagram.com/GunsCarsBikesCigars

Sig Tango 6 FFL 5.56/7.62 moa 1-6x24 FOR SALE PM ME**

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Rubber on all my revolvers except my Airweight. They're tools - I want the range or woods ones to be comfortable to shoot a lot of rounds or high power rounds respectively.

I want the Airweight to be as small and slick as possible while still being controllable. It wears wood for that reason (and is practiced as such).

Feedback Score

How many of you prefer rubber over wood to shoot revolvers?

I shot my 629 with the Hogues today. Perfect. No issues. Handled the gun, like a champ. Even with fast fire.

Last edited by CDR_Glock; 09-02-17 at 20:49.

Feedback Score
    With the key term being "to shoot", rubber all the way.

The wood looks 10 times better on my 629 v-comp, but the rubber Hogues handle and feel much better. For my Unobtainium 340PD, I use the CT LG-405s and it really tames the beast.
    U.S. Army vet. -- Retired 25 year LEO.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ISiman/oh View Post
    Wood for looks and rubber for shooting. I much prefer the hogue on my sp101 then the wood I had for a while. Shooting full power 357s is fun from this little beast.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Best grips EVER for the SP101's are the rubber TRAUSCH grips....you wont find a pair anymore, but they are awesome. When I sold my 3", I kept the grips as they are unobtanium now. Should you ever run across a pair for sale..JUMP ON EM.
    The obedient always think of themselves as virtuous rather than the cowards they really are.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Straight Shooter View Post
    Best grips EVER for the SP101's are the rubber TRAUSCH grips....you wont find a pair anymore, but they are awesome. When I sold my 3", I kept the grips as they are unobtanium now. Should you ever run across a pair for sale..JUMP ON EM.
    I have heard this around the circles when bringing up the SP-101. I was told by someone that they don't even fit the new guns because there was a bit of a change in the frame in the earlier 2000s

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast