Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: How many of you prefer rubber over wood to shoot revolvers?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Straight Shooter View Post
    Best grips EVER for the SP101's are the rubber TRAUSCH grips....you wont find a pair anymore, but they are awesome. When I sold my 3", I kept the grips as they are unobtanium now. Should you ever run across a pair for sale..JUMP ON EM.
    I hate the factory SP101 grips. Those look great.

The SP101 was my first gun, ever. I traded it towards another gun. Should have kept it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Just ordered my first set of wood grips. Made in Thailand, probably out of driftwood..., They looked like a wood copy of the old Uncle Mikes rubber grip, my favorite grip ever and one I can't find. I'll report back when they arrive.

Feedback Score

I only have wood in my small bore Magnum, a Kimber K6s. Where it helps is on the draw from the pocket. 0.50 sec from concealment to first shot. The wood is smoother on the draw.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Depends on the revolver and the intended use. If I think my hands are going to be sweaty or wet, then rubber grips are the way to go. Otherwise I prefer wood or micarta.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 1986s4 View Post
    Just ordered my first set of wood grips. Made in Thailand, probably out of driftwood..., They looked like a wood copy of the old Uncle Mikes rubber grip, my favorite grip ever and one I can't find. I'll report back when they arrive.
    Report on the wood grips I ordered:
    Got these on ebay, they look like a wood copy of the Uncle Mikes rubber, no longer available. I found these unsuitable for shooting my 686. The knuckle of my middle finger is to close to the trigger guard which hurts. That and the grips are not cut for speedloaders. I put them on my .22 M18 because they do look good and I don't use a speedloader with that pistol.

Back to my search...

Feedback Score
    Here’s my reply to my original post.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123