Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Favorite budget light

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    The TLR1 series works, Have used them on long guns, more on pistols. Not ideal in my opinion, especially since most budget lights are going on rifles that are a bit budget-ish so the TLR lights are kind of a pain to mound to anything but a FF tube/rail, though at the 12 o'clock position they aren't bad, just might make aiming irons hard. Also, on the TLR1 rifle kits, had one. Was not impressed. The connector that links the light to the switch came out entirely too easily, think something that is a bit tighter than your average earphone jack. Compared to a Surefire pressure switch which can be a damn pain to pull out.

To me, for about the $100 range a G2X Tactical and mount would be my choice. They work, the G2X is damn durable, I can attest to that, have one which had a bezel that looks like it went through a couple wars. You could also really cheap out on the mount, depending on the handguard, I have seen guys mount when cheap scope rings. I have personally used IWC mounts to mount a G2X to MOE and standard AR handguards. The IWC mounts also have the bonus that I can mount a Scout light, or similar style light should I choose to do so down the road, and you still have a hard use handheld. That is my opinion. Also, If you shop around Scout lights can be had for sub $200, I bought one of my Scouts, and M600C with Larue mount for $125 the other year.
    "I don't collect guns anymore, I stockpile weapons for ****ing war." Chuck P.

"Some days you eat the bacon, and other days the bacon eats you." SeriousStudent

"Don't complain when after killing scores of women and children in a mall, a group of well armed men who train to shoot people like you in the face show up to say hello." WillBrink

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)
    PowerTac from www.powertacusa.com. I have literally melted batteries inside one. Cleaned the contacts with a Q-Tip and denatured alcohol and it worked like a champion. If your prior service you get get a better deal. I paid $99 and that included the light, rail mount, holster, charger, two CR123's and one 18650 battery (rechargeable) AND the tape switch. There's a button on the tail cap which controls the mode, and it remembers which mode you were in last even after you turn ur flashlight off. I have SureFire and also Streamlight, and while I have never melted any batteries (was my own screwup) inside them, I have the PowerTac and it keeps on running.

Here's one I have

https://www.powertac.com/Item/E5G4-W

Look up "PowerTac Warrior torture test". You'll see what I'm talking about then. I'll just throw the link

https://youtu.be/NSAcNZHbRKg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Texas has yet to learn submission to any oppression, come from what source it may."
    ~ Sam Houston

“The liberties of our country, the freedom of our civil constitution, are worth defending against all hazards: And it is our duty to defend them against all attacks.”
    ~ Sam Adams

Feedback Score
    Surefire G2X Tactical and IWC side mount on MOE handguards is the setup on some of my rifles. Right at $100, and pretty effective in my limited experience.

Feedback Score
    21 (100%)
    I second with krm375's recommendation on the Protac WMLs. They're basically a clone of the SF Scout lights, but they're great lights. My department switched from Inforce WMLs to Streamlight ProTacs for all of their patrol rifles. The nice thing is they are compatible with SF Scout light mounts, same screw patterns.

Feedback Score
    For budget, I'd also say the TLR-1 HL or Streamlight Protac HLX with Cloud Defensive LCSmk2k. A lot of good reviews coming up about that combo.

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    TLR1HL, G2x tactical, etc
    Last edited by voiceofreason; 10-27-17 at 06:45.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12