Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Gen5 Glock 17 Review

Feedback Score
    125 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc Glockster View Post
    Looking at some photos on the net here and there the Gen 5's overall grip looks fatter, is it?
    I don't know about the Gen 5 G17 but measuring my Gen4 G19 and Gen 5 G19's grip in four places with my dial calibers, their thicknesses and frontstrap to backstrap measurements are the same.
    Last edited by Biggy; 09-21-17 at 17:15.

Feedback Score
    32 (100%)
    From today's m4c mailer, some of the thoughts of Ken Hackathorn:

"Now, some 35 years later and much improvement, the Glock pistol is without doubt one of the best sidearms on this planet. Perfection clearly is a continuing process as we have just seen the introduction of the Gen 5 M17 &19. I have one of each and think these are there(sic) best Glocks ever made."

And,

"I know there are a lot of new fancy blasters hitting the market; however, until they get time to mature I’ll stick with my 1911s, Beretta M92s, S&W pre 1980 wheel guns, and, if anything new, it will likely say Gen 5 on the slide."
    " Nil desperandum - Never Despair. That is a motto for you and me. All are not dead; and where there is a spark of patriotic fire, we will rekindle it. "
    - Samuel Adams -

Feedback Score
    I would agree with Hack. I have never been a Glock fan but the 4th Gen was close but not close enough to make me keep one. The 5th Gen is the winner and I have a 17 now. The main reasons are the frame texture/lack of finger grooves, the improved trigger, and in my hands increased accuracy. They aren't huge improvements but they were big enough to finally bring me into the Glock family.

Feedback Score
    '❤️

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I wonder now since you have someone of Hackathorn's experience and professionalism praising the 5th Gen is some of the detractors are going to switch sides now... The ebb and flow of the commercial gun market..

TXPO
    Cerified Glock Armorer
    Certified P320 Armorer
    Certified M&P LE Armorer
    NRA/LE Firearms Instructor
    ColdBoreCustom.com

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by PaLEOjd View Post
    My local LE distributor sent email notification on August 30th stating Gen5's were in stock and available. I was at the shop this past Wed. and they have both G19' and G17's in stock and stacked to the roof in the warehouse.
    Not sure who you are looking to order from in your specific area but if there is a blue label distributor, they should have had them in stock already. Have you tried a few different shops or any distributors at all?
    Most Blue Label distributors have not received their guns yet. Only the top 10 distributors in the country were allowed to order guns before the release date. There is only 1 that I am aware of that was allowed to pre order even though they were not top 10, but that was because they are owned by a related large manufacturer of support gear and equipment. Most of the Blue label distributors should start receiving their initial orders of gen 5 guns in the next week or 2, providing the production dates Glock is providing are correct.

Feedback Score
    The Gen 5 makes me appreciate my Gen 2 more
    * Just Your Average Jewish Redneck *
    Participant in Year-Long Gun Fighting Training Program
    Competition Shooter in NRA, CMP, IDPA
    Past part-time sales at national firearms retailer, Never came close to breaking even!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by PattonWasRight View Post
    The Gen 5 makes me appreciate my Gen 2 more
    I'm hip to that.

We also know that typical of Glock, the early buyers are the Beta Testers. I want a Gen 5 Glock 17 so bad I'm getting one of those four-hour-long erections, but the cynical gun buyer in me says, "Wait a few months to see if it turns out like the early Glock 42's."

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc Glockster View Post
    I'm hip to that.

We also know that typical of Glock, the early buyers are the Beta Testers. I want a Gen 5 Glock 17 so bad I'm getting one of those four-hour-long erections, but the cynical gun buyer in me says, "Wait a few months to see if it turns out like the early Glock 42's."
    LoL! Yeah, whoa there buddy ... give it a full 90 days before you let your 'other head' take over
    * Just Your Average Jewish Redneck *
    Participant in Year-Long Gun Fighting Training Program
    Competition Shooter in NRA, CMP, IDPA
    Past part-time sales at national firearms retailer, Never came close to breaking even!

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    After getting some decent time running my gen 5 19, about 1500 rounds of various ammo, I can say it is my favorite generation to date. The trigger is a definite improvement in my opinion, and it is smoothing out and becoming even better the more I shoot it. I really appreciate the lack of finger grooves since I remove them on all my gen 3's anyway. As far as accuracy goes I do notice a slight improvement when shooting slowly for tight groups. That might be due to the trigger though since I can break it without the front sight moving at all. As for the frame not being beveled to match the slide, I never would've noticed that myself and see it as a non issue. I can't tell any difference between holstering a gen 3 or a gen 5 and if I wanted a pretty pistol I wouldn't have bought a Glock.

Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast