Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Gen5 Glock 17 Review

Feedback Score
    82 (100%)
    Where are you getting your information from? I had my Gen 5 19 two days after they were "officially" released. Blue label gun, Ameriglo Sights, from a very small local gunshop.

Quote Originally Posted by clb View Post
    Most Blue Label distributors have not received their guns yet. Only the top 10 distributors in the country were allowed to order guns before the release date. There is only 1 that I am aware of that was allowed to pre order even though they were not top 10, but that was because they are owned by a related large manufacturer of support gear and equipment. Most of the Blue label distributors should start receiving their initial orders of gen 5 guns in the next week or 2, providing the production dates Glock is providing are correct.

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by davidjinks View Post
    Where are you getting your information from? I had my Gen 5 19 two days after they were "officially" released. Blue label gun, Ameriglo Sights, from a very small local gunshop.
    I also have my blue label with ameri glos. One day after release.

Sent from my SM-G955U1 using Tapatalk
    i had the will power to not buy guns. I even bought a gun store and work for a company that manufactures the forging machines for said guns. I need help.

Feedback Score
    A Gen 5 is definitely on my "buy" list. I figure I'll wait 6 months or so to make sure no hidden glitches pop up. Or am I just being too cautious?

Feedback Score
    Buy it now.
    It's just one gun if it turns out to have issues.
    Easy fix.

It's not like anyone would be dumb enough to outfit an entire department, agency, or service with a gun that ended up having a bunch of issues. That is not such an easy fix.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by davidjinks View Post
    I am an LE sales manager and firearms inventory manager for a Glock Blue Label distributor.

Some of the top 10 distributors ARE Blue Label distributors. There were Blue Label guns out there on the day of release.

If you were not a top 10 distributor, except for the one I already stated as exempted, you didn't have guns on the day of release.

Your local gun shop is likely an authorized Blue Label DEALER, and bought them from one of the top 10 distributors.

Feedback Score
    33 (97%)
    Are the gen 5's frame size the same as a gen 4 or gen 3?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ramairthree View Post

It's not like anyone would be dumb enough to outfit an entire department, agency, or service with a gun that ended up having a bunch of issues. That is not such an easy fix.
    Awesome!
    "Whatever it's for; it wasn't possible until now!!!" - KrampusArms

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ramairthree View Post
    Buy it now.
    So you've never worked in law enforcement...

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by phixion View Post
    While I don't have the necessary guns to compare, I do believe the trigger guard is undercut compared to Gen 3/4 guns; however, I appears similar to the undercut profile on the Gen 2.
    The undercut is identical to Gen3/4 models. I've measured my G17's and they are the same. It may appear to be cut a little higher due to the removal of the finger grooves, but it's the same.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by black22rifle View Post
    Are the gen 5's frame size the same as a gen 4 or gen 3?
    Frame size is the same as previous models, with the Gen.5 going back to a 2 pin set. Gen.3/4 have 3 pins. You would not be able to swap frames between those generations.

Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast