Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 LastLast

Thread: Gen5 Glock 17 Review

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by EzGoingKev View Post
    The vast majority of Gen5 shooters are reporting this is the best Glock trigger so far. Glock has changed a lot of parts in this gun. The new trigger is the same design as the Glock 43.

For those that have shot both the 43 and the Gen5, how do they compare?
    The 43 feels more like a Gen4, the 5 is a lot better.

I'm having trouble with both Gen5 19 and 43 trigger bar's finish flaking off causing the trigger to get real gritty and heavy at about 4200 rounds on each.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 17K View Post

I'm having trouble with both Gen5 19 and 43 trigger bar's finish flaking off causing the trigger to get real gritty and heavy at about 4200 rounds on each.
    Hm. Never heard of that. I didn't think they had any kind of finish.

Feedback Score
    24 (100%)
    Mine appears to be doing the same thing.
    Let those who are fond of blaming and finding fault, while they sit safely at home, ask, ‘Why did you not do thus and so?’I wish they were on this voyage; I well believe that another voyage of a different kind awaits them.”

Christopher Columbus

Feedback Score
    6 (88%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg Bell View Post
    Mine appears to be doing the same thing.
    I've been hearing about this issue more and more. I'm curious if this is an issue with just the Gen 5's, or if this is also something that can affect Gen 3's.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Any pics of the finish flaking off?

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by EzGoingKev View Post
    Any pics of the finish flaking off?
    +1 I haven't seen that on mine. Pics would be great.
    “I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.”
    Thomas Jefferson

Feedback Score
    I've seen this on only a few trigger bars over a few generations of many. After the surface finish breaks, steps occur in the base trigger bars. When this happens, the older guns round drop safety detent wouldn't change the trigger pull as much as the newer non round ramped drop detent. Any damage, excess wear, attempted polishing, etc, of that interface on the trigger bar makes that worse. Trigger bars are cheap and easy to replace in the few circumstances that I have been presented to for the few issues for this.

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Picked up my new Gen 5 19 w/ Ameriglo Bold sights last night. I didn't notice until I got home that the front sight was canted every so slightly to the left (rear sights were aligned) to the point where I could see a little of the writing on the right side of the sight in the sight picture. Luckily I have a Glock front sight tool, so with that and a little blue Loctite, I got it to where it looks straight to my eyes. I'll find out this weekend how it shoots.

Also, what's the deal with the new trigger spring? Is it in the trigger mechanism, or is it replaceable individually?

Feedback Score
    I have the Ameriglo Agent sights in my Gen 5 17. Nice sights, low profile with a serrated rear. Both front and rear are etched with date of manufacture ala Trijicon.

Note, the rear was absolutely the TIGHTEST fit I have ever encountered and it definitely requires torque with the sight pusher. I oiled the dovetail first and it was very tight.

Re: corrosion / trigger bar finish

I rebuilt a department issue Gen 4 17 of one of my SWAT officers who resigned recently. The trigger bar was entirely discolored with almost a brown patina, the trigger spring was corroded, the FP spring was corroded and rusty.

There was some surface rest in the FP channel and EDP channel.

Although not flaking off as described with the 43 (although Ive noticed it on my 43) it was the first odd corrosion that was unlike any-other non typical "rust" ive seen on duty guns. Almost like battery acid corrosion ....very odd

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 17K View Post

Albeit expensive, Glocktriggers.com highly polished OEM triggers would alleviate such problems. However, Glocktriggers has not yet received all of the Gen 5 trigger parts from Glock. I would suspect they may, within the next few months.

http://glocktriggers.com/
    Last edited by Linebacker; 12-29-17 at 19:08.

Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 LastLast