Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7151617

Thread: Gen5 Glock 17 Review

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Linebacker View Post
    Is there any hope that Glock will offer a non-cut out frame? Either as an option or sold as a part? Most annoying.
    I doubt Glock will offer a non-cut out frame. Pearce sells a magazine base pad that fills in the cut out at the bottom of the front strap. https://www.midwayusa.com/product/10...pact-full-size

I noticed the cut out when I handled the Glock 19 Gen 5 at the LGS, but did not notice it when live firing at the pistol range.
    Train 2 Win

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by T2C View Post
    I doubt Glock will offer a non-cut out frame. Pearce sells a magazine base pad that fills in the cut out at the bottom of the front strap. https://www.midwayusa.com/product/10...pact-full-size

I noticed the cut out when I handled the Glock 19 Gen 5 at the LGS, but did not notice it when live firing at the pistol range.
    My results mirror this. It's really not a big deal.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    I have not handled one yet but am kind of concerned about pinching your finger(s) on a reload with the 19.

Feedback Score
    25 (100%)
    I want to like Gen 5 but absolutely despise the front cut out at the bottom of the gen 5 grips. What a dumb solution to the desire to enhance the rarity of stripping stuck magazines free at the expense of something you use every time you hold the gun! It is annoying on the G17.5 but down right obnoxious on the G19.5.

I have seen a couple stipplers who can fill the cut out with a piece of spare back strap and epoxy it in place. What a screw up by Glock and the FBI too if it was done at their request. A simple magazine base plate design could have accomplished the same with out hacking up usable grip space on control surfaces.

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by jerrysimons View Post
    I want to like Gen 5 but absolutely despise the front cut out at the bottom of the gen 5 grips. What a dumb solution to the desire to enhance the rarity of stripping stuck magazines free at the expense of something you use every time you hold the gun! It is annoying on the G17.5 but down right obnoxious on the G19.5.

I have seen a couple stipplers who can fill the cut out with a piece of spare back strap and epoxy it in place. What a screw up by Glock and the FBI too if it was done at their request. A simple magazine base plate design could have accomplished the same with out hacking up usable grip space on control surfaces.
    Gen 2 had the same thing also You can already buy base pads to fill the gap

Sent from my SM-G955U1 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by TacticalFun; 04-10-18 at 13:23.
    i had the will power to not buy guns. I even bought a gun store and work for a company that manufactures the forging machines for said guns. I need help.

Feedback Score
    25 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by TacticalFun View Post
    Gen 2 had the same thing also You can already buy base pads to fill the gap

Sent from my SM-G955U1 using Tapatalk
    They already fixed it 2 generations ago it feels (with my pinky finger) like a step backwards

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by jerrysimons View Post
    They already fixed it 2 generations ago it feels (with my pinky finger) like a step backwards
    Doesn't that make it INCOMPATIBLE with other Gens of G19?

The HORROR!!!!!

Just like a G19X

Feedback Score
    25 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by RHINOWSO View Post
    Doesn't that make it INCOMPATIBLE with other Gens of G19?

The HORROR!!!!!

Just like a G19X
    Edit:
    Oh, right! Pierce base plate limits mags to gen5 only guns, too.

they all take the same mags in right hand config. Except the G19X and then it is only due to the Gen5 mag base extensions and that lip on the 19x front strap that feels like a built in magwell extension on the front.

The pierce gen 5 mag base plates with gap filler dont do anything to smooth out the possibility for mag insertion hang ups on the silly front strap cut out. Glocks thinking, oh let’s build into the gen5 grip a flared magwel for speedy insertions but cut out a portion of the usable grip surface that magazines can hang up on Vickers type or plus capacity extended base plates would have achieved mag stripping needs.
    Last edited by jerrysimons; 04-13-18 at 10:14.

Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7151617