Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Gen5 Glock 17 Review

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Straight Shooter View Post
    Am I seeing finish wear on the barrel already in your vid? A member here has reported premature wear on his.
    Also- is lockup tighter around the muzzle than on earlier Glocks?
    And respectfully... as for the plastic sights, I am GLAD Glock puts on cheap sights, so I don't have to pay for sights I wont be using and can install the sights of MY choice. Ive always felt this was intentional on Glocks part, because of the plethora of sights out now, and done as as a cost saving feature. Am I wrong?
    Thanks for your reviews...love your YT & FB channel brother.

Yes, it's just a byproduct of use I suppose. I don't know of many semi-autos that don't show wear after a few hundred rounds. Thanks.

Feedback Score

Blue Label Gen 5 Glocks

Quote Originally Posted by BuzzinSATX View Post
    I had a Blue Label G19 Gen 5 reserved to pick up on Friday and told them to return it to stock and sell it.
    What are the Blue Label Gen 5 Glocks selling for now? Still $425?

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Great review as always mike!

Question: Do you think the gen 5 action spring is backwards capable with the Gen 3? I have to change my spring in the next 2k rounds and wouldn't mind a timing upgrade as I get the occasional stove pipe on WWB and old mags.
    Tactical Nylon Micro Brewery

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Feldgrun View Post
    I have always paid $398 for blue labels and this gun is same price as those.

FTR, I do hear that $425 number through out a lot. That's about what my cost is OTD ($398.20 + 8.25% tax = $32.85 sales tax = $331)

Feedback Score
    As always, cool review. Always look forward to your take on the latest hotness.

Thought your comments about competitive options was interesting. If you were starting from scratch, would you go G5 G17?
    RESIST!!!

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Flared mag well on the 19 is a no go for me. Made my pinky finger sit weird, so it felt weird.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by rauchman View Post
    If you were starting from scratch, would you go G5 G17?
    That's a pretty tough question, there are a ton of options out there. I guess it depends on what size you are looking for. If you wanted something G19 sized I myself would probably go P10c, there are just so many good choices in that size. I don't own a G17 so this has peaked my interest in getting one.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Gen5 Glock 17 Review

Quote Originally Posted by Feldgrun View Post
    My local LE distributor has them priced at $479 with the Ameriglo night sights.
    The standard plastic sight models remain $398, like always. Anyone pricing the standard sight models at $425 is making extra money. I've heard that a lot over the years about some of the shops that offer blue label discount.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by PaLEOjd; 08-31-17 at 23:20.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by PaLEOjd View Post
    My local LE distributor has them priced at $479 with the Ameriglo night sights.
    The standard plastic sight models remain $398, like always. Anyone pricing the standard sight models at $425 is making extra money. I've heard that a lot over the years about some of the shops that offer blue label discount.

Shop local to me said 435$ on blue label. When I objected they said I was wrong.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by jpmuscle View Post
    Shop local to me said 435$ on blue label. When I objected they said I was wrong.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
    I thought Glock provided a price list so that you could argue that? Or maybe that was CZ...

Sic semper tyrannis.

Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast