Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Gen5 Glock 17 Review

Feedback Score
    32 (100%)
    Blue label pricing (on the shelf) is set by participating retailers and is subject to MAP set by Glock. Obviously, it would be silly to sell a blue label gun at or near retail for red/white label guns, but there's nothing preventing participating dealers from doing so.

So when you go into a shop and ask for blue label pricing and they tell you what they charge... they're correct. Glock may charge you less (and from what I understand, they usually do). Another dealer may charge you less. But that dealer is 100% correct about their blue label pricing.

MAP may have changed on blue label Glocks, but $425-435 sounds about right. $398 sounds about right for a direct order from Glock. From what I understand, LE Dealers are free to use Glock's direct blue label pricing, but all other dealers must abide by MAP or lose the privilege of selling blue label Glocks.
    " Nil desperandum - Never Despair. That is a motto for you and me. All are not dead; and where there is a spark of patriotic fire, we will rekindle it. "
    - Samuel Adams -

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by PaLEOjd View Post
    My local LE distributor has them priced at $479 with the Ameriglo night sights.
    The standard plastic sight models remain $398, like always. Anyone pricing the standard sight models at $425 is making extra money. I've heard that a lot over the years about some of the shops that offer blue label discount.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    If a dealer isn't an actual LE one, they mark it up that extra amount. Glock doesn't like it but they don't enforce it either. In my area, three choices that make sense. 398 plus tax with a 3 hour round trip, 425 plus tax with no drive but counter monkeys and 2-3 day wait for them to do there jobs or 398 plus a 30 fed ex overnight and 20 transfer and from truck to me if I'm there in 5 minutes. Last two are the best
    GET IN YOUR BUBBLE!

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Great review! I'm really looking forward to getting my hands on these, the new barrel seems to be a winner!

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    My three blue label dealers run about the same. $398 for Gen 3, $425 for Gen 4 and Gen 5. More if you want night sights.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    I snagged the glock NS equipped 19 today, feels great! Won't have time to shoot it for a bit but dry fire felt great, love the lack of finger grooves.

Feedback Score
    The equivalent to Toyota releasing a new Camry.

Great video as always.
    Worry less, Train more.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mark5pt56 View Post
    If a dealer isn't an actual LE one, they mark it up that extra amount. Glock doesn't like it but they don't enforce it either. In my area, three choices that make sense. 398 plus tax with a 3 hour round trip, 425 plus tax with no drive but counter monkeys and 2-3 day wait for them to do there jobs or 398 plus a 30 fed ex overnight and 20 transfer and from truck to me if I'm there in 5 minutes. Last two are the best

Actually, 425.00 is the Glock approved blue label price for a blue label DEALER. 398.00 is the price a blue label DISTRIBUTOR can sell to a qualified buyer. Dealers buy their guns from distributors at a slightly higher price than the distributor buys for directly from Glock. Dealers can not purchase directly from Glock, even commercial "stocking dealers".

Approved blue label pricing for the gen 5 guns is exactly the same as all other gens. Commercial pricing is a little different. Gen 5 is higher. Only difference on gen 5 blue label is the Ameriglo option.

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    While selling my Gen3 G34 I was asked if the front of my magwell had the big cutout or not. I suppose it was something I didn't realize had changed sometime with Gen 3s? Anyone know the deal?

I did handle a Gen5 G17 and G19 yesterday and noticed the cutout again. I guess when I read "flared" magwell I thought it was around the sides and not the front part.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Nice, your reviews are always straightforward and transparent - a breath of fresh air in the online Gun Rag world.

Keep it up !

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by rauchman View Post
    As always, cool review. Always look forward to your take on the latest hotness.

Thought your comments about competitive options was interesting. If you were starting from scratch, would you go G5 G17?
    I don't think so.

Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast