Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Colt 11.5 inch fbi barrel gas port size

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by MQ105 View Post
    So many variables, to include individual barrels.
    This is very true. We choked down several short AR barrels. We shot a bunch of them on the same day, and it's amazing how unique the recoil impulses are. Almost no two are alike when you get into really feeling the gun run.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    crazy that the same gun from basically the 60s is still arguably the #1 cqb firearm

I always thought the 6943/6945 could be the coolest, monolithic upper and colt Canadian CHF barrel

Quote Originally Posted by TacMedic556 View Post
    Our team uses 6933's, many purchased in 2005 & 2006. We've run them for years with standard carbine springs and H buffers. Ammunition choice has evolved over time with duty in the past being a 77 grain Law enforcement load I cannot recall and now a 75 grain TAP. We used a variety of ammo in practice and drills for up close stuff where there was not a noticeable zero shift at all. Everything from 55 grain 223 stuff to 77 grain factory reloads from Freedom - the 6933 is incredible. I can honestly say that in 11 years I may have had 5 malfunctions - all of which were magazine related. Ditched the bum mag and moved on. Literally the most reliable black rifle I have ever shouldered, period. Nothing comes close. It is the reason I would bet my life on a Colt.

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    From my experiences using one issued to me it is a work horse like no other. It has seen rain, snow, sleet, below zero, dust, dirt, heat, lack of lube, lots of lube, crap ammunition, good ammunition, and it just chugs along churning out brass.
    Screen Shot 2017-10-13 at 10.59.44 PM.jpg

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123