Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ruger American in 7.62x39 using Mini-30 mags!!!

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Ruger American in 7.62x39 using Mini-30 mags!!!

Just announced!!

Never been so excited about a bolt gun!!

TED

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Ruger American in 7.62x39 using Mini-30 mags!!!

I understand your excitement, but really the Howa short action in 7.62x39 is a better action, already available, and with a better trigger. Check it out and you may be exited before even laying hands on the Ruger.

ETA: this is coming from a guy that just picked up a couple of Ruger American Rimfire rifles in 17hmr
    Last edited by sandsunsurf; 09-01-17 at 00:32.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by sandsunsurf View Post
    I understand your excitement, but really the Howa short action in 7.62x39 is a better action, already available, and with a better trigger. Check it out and you may be exited before even laying hands on the Ruger.

ETA: this is coming from a guy that just picked up a couple of Ruger American Rimfire rifles in 17hmr
    The 20rd mini-30 mags are a big part of it for me. Howa don't have that.

TED

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    How much are mini 30 magazines these days?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quite impressed with Ruger American line lately with the 450 bush and now this. I'm waiting for the 357/44mag to come around

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Krazykarl View Post
    About $30 for a 20rder.

Depending on how Ruger plays this they could have a good seller. Am thinking a budget scout-ish rifle, if it light enough, if they offer version with irons, and with good ammo accurate, enough. Cheap ammo makes it attractive, 5 or 10 round mags make it less offensive to the sheep, 20 round mag makes it usable for being pressed into more social work. I don't know, but if nothing else it is interesting. The American line has been well spoken of by the guys I've met who used them. At least in regards to a budget rifle.
    "I don't collect guns anymore, I stockpile weapons for ****ing war." Chuck P.

"Some days you eat the bacon, and other days the bacon eats you." SeriousStudent

"Don't complain when after killing scores of women and children in a mall, a group of well armed men who train to shoot people like you in the face show up to say hello." WillBrink

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Krazykarl View Post
    Probably the same or less than Cz527 mags!!

TED

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by TED View Post
    The 20rd mini-30 mags are a big part of it for me. Howa don't have that.

TED
    Ah, that makes sense now! The Howa mag situation is definitely a weak link.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    If you are going to buy one of these, you might also consider one of these...

http://www.primaryarms.com/primary-a...sfp-acss-300bo

You could buy this rifle, this scope, a sling, and 1,000 rounds of ammo for right at $1,0000

TED

Feedback Score
    21 (100%)
    Depending on how Ruger plays this they could have a good seller. Am thinking a budget scout-ish rifle, if it light enough, if they offer version with irons, and with good ammo accurate, enough. Cheap ammo makes it attractive, 5 or 10 round mags make it less offensive to the sheep, 20 round mag makes it usable for being pressed into more social work. I don't know, but if nothing else it is interesting. The American line has been well spoken of by the guys I've met who used them. At least in regards to a budget rifle.

I was thinking the exact same thing. Before I saw your post I had been wondering if they would offer the Ruger Gunsite Scout in 7.62x39. I know the Scout and American are different offerings, but if going to release something iron sights it would be technically easier with the Scout since they're already incorporated into the original design. Obviously with the American the idea is you're going to put glass on it. Either way I'd be interested to see if they release a version with iron sights. If anything I wonder if it will be dependent on how good/bad the American in 7.62x39 sells.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast