Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ronin Senshi or Task Force Belts vs. G Code Operator Belt ??

Feedback Score

Ronin Senshi or Task Force Belts vs. G Code Operator Belt ??

Hi Folks

Has anyone seen either of the Ronin belts AND the G Code Operator Belt, that can give some feedback on which one is better? They appear to be pretty similar with respect to design...inner and outer belt with two row of pals webbing. The price difference is about $100 with the Ronin being more expensive. I was just trying to figure out if the extra $100 was worth it.

Feedback Score
    Yo.

I have a Ronin Tactics Taskforce belt and it is the bee's knees. The scuba webbing is extremely stiff and the half molle works great. It's a great design and tremendously well-made. Plus, Tu Lam is The Man. He looks like Bruce Lee and The Rock had a baby and covered it in Yakuza tattoos.

I also have an AWS Light Assaulter's belt. It has the exact same dimensions, the same liner belt, the same fit and materials, and I would bet a stack of hundred dollar bills as tall as I am that it came from the same manufacturing facility as the Ronin belt. It doesn't have the half molle. Instead you purchase double column molle "panels" which slide on and attach via hook and loop. The liner belt houses a long thin kydex "tool" used to slide the panels on and off or to reposition them.

If you are looking at the Ronin belt, you may want to look at the AWS Inc. LAB belt also. The LAB belt with four panels is about $94. They also have really great Universal Magazine pouches.

Check out AWS, TYR, and Ronin Tactics. Their belts and pouches look eerily similar.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    Last edited by bikemike555; 09-07-17 at 17:28.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bikemike555 View Post
    ...I would bet a stack of hundred dollar bills as tall as I am that it came from the same manufacturing facility as the Ronin belt.
    AWS makes them, that's why.

The Ronin belt has been discussed here a lot, and in a recent thread about low-pro belts.

Short version: spendy, but great.

No idea what's what with the G-Code belt, but their holsters are cool.

Everything I've ever touched that AWS makes is pretty much the tits.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    G Code belt does not even compare to the Ronin. It's a complete waste of money, not stiff @ all. Get the Ronin

Feedback Score
    Love the AWS pouches and Light Assaulter's belt for sure. I'm so short, and short in the torso, that their OCPC plate carrier feels longer than necessary.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    I have 2 Ronin belts and love them, no regrets. I have zero experience with the G-Code belt.
    I am just a regular guy, trying not to screw things up too much.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    The difference between the task force and the senshi is cosmetic. Senshi has the black molle loops. I've ran a task force for the last 18 months and I loves it. Id only switch it for another one.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by sn8kedoc View Post
    The difference between the task force and the senshi is cosmetic. Senshi has the black molle loops. I've ran a task force for the last 18 months and I loves it. Id only switch it for another one.
    I thought the TF belt is supposed to be stiffer.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    You may be right. I've never handled the senshi.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by graffex View Post
    I thought the TF belt is supposed to be stiffer.
    The Senshi and Task Force belts have the exact same construction materials but for the colored loops for the MOLLE. They are otherwise the same belt, and are stiffer than the Shooter's Belt. Stiffness is the difference between the Shooter's Belt and the TF/Senshi, and then there are variations in terms of hardware (D-ring, or no, etc.).

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast