Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ronin Senshi or Task Force Belts vs. G Code Operator Belt ??

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by noonesshowmonkey View Post
    The Senshi and Task Force belts have the exact same construction materials but for the colored loops for the MOLLE. They are otherwise the same belt, and are stiffer than the Shooter's Belt. Stiffness is the difference between the Shooter's Belt and the TF/Senshi, and then there are variations in terms of hardware (D-ring, or no, etc.).
    This thread is making me want to buy two. I may try the shooter's belt for my wife.
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by noonesshowmonkey View Post
    The Senshi and Task Force belts have the exact same construction materials but for the colored loops for the MOLLE. They are otherwise the same belt, and are stiffer than the Shooter's Belt. Stiffness is the difference between the Shooter's Belt and the TF/Senshi, and then there are variations in terms of hardware (D-ring, or no, etc.).
    10-4 thanks.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    I don't believe that this questions is worthy of its own thread. If the mods feel differently, please feel free to delete it.

How does the Ronin Shooters belt compare to an Ares Gear Aegis belt. Do the two-piece belt systems make a significant difference? I need to purchase a belt for my first training course and from what I've seen, these two look like great options. I'm sure that both options will have their own pros/cons, but you don't know what you don't know. I'm not really even sure where to start when it comes to all of this nylon stuff...

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by methical20 View Post
    I don't believe that this questions is worthy of its own thread. If the mods feel differently, please feel free to delete it.

How does the Ronin Shooters belt compare to an Ares Gear Aegis belt. Do the two-piece belt systems make a significant difference? I need to purchase a belt for my first training course and from what I've seen, these two look like great options. I'm sure that both options will have their own pros/cons, but you don't know what you don't know. I'm not really even sure where to start when it comes to all of this nylon stuff...

I have the Ares Aegis Enhanced and it's a fantastic belt. It's made from scuba webbing and it's stiff enough to handle whatever you want to load on it. The Ronin Senshi and Task Force are both made from the same material that is supposed to be very rigid. Tu (owner of Ronin) explained it as a woven fabric and different from his other two belts which are made from regular webbing. I'm betting the Senshi and the Task Force are Scuba webbing but he didn't confirm that...only that they were stiffer than the other two and stiffer than most other belts out there.

The main difference that I see with a two belt system is that you can place your items exactly where you want and you don't have to worry about belt loops getting in the way. Also, you can leave them in their positions...You don't have to weave them onto the belt and between belt loops each and every time you go to put your belt on or take it off. That can be a huge deal if you want to put your belt on and take it off throughout the day...like if you want a break or want to leave the range for lunch or something. It's quick and easy on/off.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12