Thread: Dan Wesson Razorback or Colt Delta Elite for hunting?

Feedback Score

Dan Wesson Razorback or Colt Delta Elite for hunting?

I would really like a 10mm for a side arm for hunting deer and hogs and such . I have been looking online at Dan Wessons razorback and colt elite and even have considered a EAA witness 10mm, as price is about half as a 1911 . Anyone recommend one of these 3 ? I've been leaning to the Razorback because I've always heard good stuff about them. Thanks

Feedback Score
    Both the Delta Elite and Razorback are good pistols and will be fully serviceable. Of those, I think the Dan Wesson is worth the extra cost.

The witness hunter is certainly a cool pistol. I held one and dry fired it but know nothing past that. If I could afford it and wanted a 10mm that wouldn't fit my current 1911 holsters then I'd go with the DW Bruin.

Currently, I'm planning to trade my Colt DE on a DW Silverback. I'm just having a hard time handing over the Colt and enough cash to buy another nice 1911 for the Silverback.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    If you really want to push the 10mm to its full potential, I'd rsther do it in a fully supported ramped barrel than a standard style Colt barrel. The other item with Colt is the series 80 cuts on the bottom of the slide where the hammer rides. With a 22 lb recoil spring, the hammer takes a toll on the series 80 disco slot and wallers it out after awhile. The series 70 style cut out has alittle more meat on both sides.

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Please also consider the new Kimber*Super Jägare long slide. I just picked one up and it is much nicer to shoot than your choices do to comped barrel

Sent from my SM-G955U1 using Tapatalk
    i had the will power to not buy guns. I even bought a gun store and work for a company that manufactures the forging machines for said guns. I need help.

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    If you are looking for a delta elite I have a recent one I would sell you. Bought it for a woods gun, but I shoot my revolvers better. I forgot how much I hate shooting .40 and 10mm is just .40 super... Send me a PM if interested.
    Lack of Lubrication -- a lot of folks who learned on bolt guns don't understand that gas guns like women run better wet.
    -KevinB